Charlie Brown's Christmas Plant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlie Brown's Christmas Plant

Hi all, I'm having fun looking around the site. Y'all see a pretty friendly bunch. :-) I'm in the Pacific NW which made it interesting a while ago when I wanted to keep my outdoor plant dry. I'm very new to growing so I am here to learn.

I've got a nice outdoor plant that's just about to be harvested which is cool. I've had fun with that one. Then I decided to see if I could clone it. I did three in different pots and waited and watched. One of them died after awhile but the other two took and have good foliage now. Funny thing is that one of them decided it didn't want any branches except up top. See the picture for that view. I'm ever hopeful that it will branch out from the stalk.

Then through pruning I hope to kind of blend these two plants and fill this grow box with nice smells, pretty plants, and hopefully some nice buds. Do you think that will work?

pocketlama!

Your photo did not come thru. You could try again by clicking on the "Upload attachment" box just to the right up above, next to the Big "A". Would enjoy seeing your photos 4 sure. Thanks for sharing. Best of Luck
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 10-01-2014, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Hi Pocketlama. Welcome to our forum.
      Did you take the clones while the plant was flowering? If so, this is a process called monster cropping. What happens if you do this is that the clone can take a bit longer to set roots and start growing again than with a clone taken from a vegging plant.
      t may exhibit strange growth at first with some pretty odd looking single fingered leaves. Once it does start growing properly you will get a mad, multi branched plant that is great for training and has many different heads. People do this to improve yields, especially in scrog systems and other methods that try to present a level canopy.
      I have one upstairs that I have been training. I'll try and get a picture later when the lights come on and show you.
      Good luck with it all.

Comment

That's odd. I did upload directly when I made the post and I can see my photo when I look at it. I wonder is it possible for me to see it and you can't? It is a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma. ;-)

Originally posted by Blaze4daze View Post
        pocketlama!

Your photo did not come thru. You could try again by clicking on the "Upload attachment" box just to the right up above, next to the Big "A". Would enjoy seeing your photos 4 sure. Thanks for sharing. Best of Luck

Comment

Ah, interesting. Monster cropping is wonderful term. They did take forever to root, I had no idea why. I was thinking of trying to grow both plants in the same grow space pruning them so they fit together. That's cool that it will grow in that way. I look forward to it!

Peace,
          pocketlama

Originally posted by Saturnalia View Post
          Hi Pocketlama. Welcome to our forum.
          Did you take the clones while the plant was flowering? If so, this is a process called monster cropping. What happens if you do this is that the clone can take a bit longer to set roots and start growing again than with a clone taken from a vegging plant.
          t may exhibit strange growth at first with some pretty odd looking single fingered leaves. Once it does start growing properly you will get a mad, multi branched plant that is great for training and has many different heads. People do this to improve yields, especially in scrog systems and other methods that try to present a level canopy.
          I have one upstairs that I have been training. I'll try and get a picture later when the lights come on and show you.
          Good luck with it all.

Comment

Hi Pocketlama. Here she is. You can see the mad bushy growth and multiple branching.
            I was really worried about the growth at first but looked it up and got some answers on here to put me right. Monster cropping was the term they used.
            She's quite spindly looking. I've topped her a few times and lolipopped all the weird leaves from the bottom. I've supercropped some of the branches to strengthen them up a bit. She's also given me 6 clones which were all successful and have been potted on. She has lots of tops and I have high expectations of her when she finally goes on to 12/12.
            This all came from seeds I found in some weed I bought. So far I've had 9 females successfully harvested. I now have this girl and another 6 babies ready for the next flowering session. Not bad for free seeds! I suspect, from growing and smoking her, that she's a lemon haze of some sort. Happy days.

Attached Files

Comment

Fantastic! Look at those branches. Well, I look forward to seeing how this girl does. I'm glad to know this is, as they say at Microsoft, "a feature, not a bug." ;-)

Originally posted by Saturnalia View Post
              Hi Pocketlama. Here she is. You can see the mad bushy growth and multiple branching.
              I was really worried about the growth at first but looked it up and got some answers on here to put me right. Monster cropping was the term they used.
              She's quite spindly looking. I've topped her a few times and lolipopped all the weird leaves from the bottom. I've supercropped some of the branches to strengthen them up a bit. She's also given me 6 clones which were all successful and have been potted on. She has lots of tops and I have high expectations of her when she finally goes on to 12/12.
              This all came from seeds I found in some weed I bought. So far I've had 9 females successfully harvested. I now have this girl and another 6 babies ready for the next flowering session. Not bad for free seeds! I suspect, from growing and smoking her, that she's a lemon haze of some sort. Happy days.

Comment

Working...
              X