No announcement yet.

First go with autoflowering seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Kbag, Thanks, wasn't sure how the pics would turn out,,they don't do the plants justice, they r alot better looking that that, their beautiful just not showing any sign of sex at 4wks.

Comment

Hey kbag, their 4wks old

Comment

Hi Sweatpea,
        I got to say that your plants look really good. On another note what size pot is that you have them planted in? I ask this because with auto flowering plants you want to try and plant them in there final pots from the get go because they don't have much time to recover from the shock of transplanting and you will end up not allowing your plant to reach there full potential and yield due to the shock of a transplant. Also I would say since you got your seeds from royal queen seeds which IMO has good seeds I no I have bought a few from them but if I was you I would email them and talk to them let them know the problems that you are having about your plants being 4wks old and no signs of sex on them and see what the ppl from Royal Queen Seeds tell you.

Comment

Auto's are normally pretty quick to show sex and i think due to breeding you unlikely to get a male but do not quote me on this. I found in my short time with growing theres always a few surprises along the way. For best results with autos now is about time to throw as much light as you possibly can at them. Try not to let your temps drop below 18C at night and go over 28C with lights on. 30 C will not harm the plants but optimal growing temp is around 28C. It is also very important to pull fresh air through your groom so plants have constant supply of co2, oxygen a lot of indoor growers fail to realize how important this is. If you need any help just shout on here sweetpea theres some excellent growers on here with a wealth of experience.

Comment

Thank u all so much for ur help. I will email royal queen, thats a good idea,,thanks This being my first try with autos I'm wondering if I've done something to just shock the hell out of them.

Comment

The plants look fine sweetpea i would not worry about them not showing sex they will do thats for sure as long as you do not get a male what i am pretty confident you will not or have.

Comment

Hey Dark, my pots r ll litre pots, 3 gallon, My grow space is only 4x3x6, so not much floor space, wish I had more room.

Comment

Hi Sweetpea,
                  Yea I see you really don't have much floor space which is ok. As for your pot size it is ok IMO I would of planted in 5 or 7 gallon pots for more rooting space for my plants and a bigger yield with the right nutrients. However, you must remember that while having to little room will definitely negatively impact your plant, having loads of room is not going to get you extra results unless other, more important factors such as light and nutrients are at optimal levels. I say 5 or 7 gallon pots because I got the space and plants yield more in bigger pots but with the space you have the 3 gallon pots are good. Also like Kbag said the plants look fine trust if your plants did not like what you were doing to them or they had a deficiency you would know but from the pics you posted those lady's are in good healthy. Heres a pic of two exact same seeds grown in two different size pots you can tell the yield difference.

Comment

Hey Dark, yeah it would be nice to have more space but I don't,,lol. Maybe next time I'll just do one plant in a bigger pot. I just grow for my own use so if I can yeild enuff to get me from harvest to harvest I'm happy,,lol

Comment

Hi Sweetpea,
                      I feel you lol I grow for personal use also just for me and my father in law were both medical patients. I usually try to grow a nice group of mixed Autos sativa and indicia or hybrids to hold us off well we wait for the photo plants to finish. Auto's make good subs well you wait for the real crop to finishes but I am starting to see especially from gorilla seed and a few other seed distributors that we are having seed makers do some good work with Autos in the labs and have create advance autos and xxl Auto's that can produce just like a photo period plant and can reach up to 4 1/2 to 5 feet tall and it starts to make me wonder if I should just switch to Autos especially because of that Auto Pounder it produces nice yields but then I look at my Hindu Kush mother plant that I have had for about 7 yrs now and cant see myself pulling the poor girl shit one more year and it would be like a common law marriage between me and my plant lol.

Comment

Here is a pic of my pitifully small grow space,,,lol

Comment

Hey Sweatpea,
                          I started in a smaller grow area than that, shit I was using a small closet like maybe a 4 foot high if that and a 1 or 2 foot wide room to grow in with a cheese light that really wasn't any good. Now I grow in a 4x4x7 tent with all the right equipment. But Sweatpea I don't see your grow space as pitiful I see it as a learning station that will help you to grow and learn more about growing cannabis as well as teach you how to manipulate your plants to help them produce healthy nice yields. Shoot we all have to start somewhere right.

Comment

Since my autos are over 4wks now and still not showing their sex I'm wondering if I need to put more light on them. i tried a 100w cfl bulb but it caused it to get to hot in my grow room. My big lamp, which is a dual-spectrum is 300w and it doesn't get hot at all, I can put it about 3 or 4 inches from the plant and not be to hot for it. My question is, Does anyone know which light | could get to add to the light already there? I don't want to go with anything that has to have a ballast ( think I spelt that right). Or do I even need more light?

Comment

Ok, so now I feel like a right idiot,,lol It seems that my autos aren't autos at all. I had a chat with a rep from Royal Queen and found out I ordered fems. I thought that all their seeds were fem'd autos,,lol stupid me. But anyhow I appreciate all the advice everyone has given me, and this doesn't turn out to be so bad cos I've learned alot about autos and will be better prepared when I get the auto seeds and also I now know how to fix the problem with the ones growing now.

Comment

Haha! Easy mistake to make. You gonna flip them straight away?

Comment

• Sweetpea_120
                                  Sweetpea_120 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  oh yeah, put them on 12/12 straight away,,,lol
                              Working...
                              X