First go with autoflowering seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First go with autoflowering seeds

Just received my first pack of autoflowering seeds, can't wait to give it a go,,lol. I've been reading tons and tons of info but am still quite confused with lighting. Some say to keep the light a far distance at first, moving it closer as the plant grows, some say to keep the light about 10-12 inches at all times. I have a dual-spectrum giant YPZ240/300 bulb, says on it 240v 50/60hz 300w. Does anyone know about this bulb and the distance i should put it from the plant? It does great with regular plants, worried bout autoflowering tho. HELP please,,,lol Sorry i guess i should add my grow area is a wardrobe.

I can't seem to find the bulb you are talking about. Is it a fluorescent light?

Whatever the light is, I would suggest putting it as close to the plants as possible without getting the plants too hot. I read people saying ideal is anywhere from about 70F to 85F, but I'm really not sure what is correct. I try to keep mine no hotter than about 80F.

And I wouldn't worry about them being autoflowering. I don't really have any experience other than one plant, but I had it growing in the same conditions with other plants that were all photo-period/short-day plants, and it did great.

Comment

Thank you for ur help Anthony

Comment

Hi Sweetpea with Auto,s best to start them in the pot you going to finish them in. Low stress train them for better yield, best lighting is 18/6 imo gives the plants a break. I have just finished a auto grow with a medium yielding strain with great results grown in canna coco professional plus. The strain i had was very simple to grow but i would advise you to get some cal/mag i see alot of auto growers with calcium magnesium deficiencies seems very common with auto's.
        If your light is a cfl you will need to keep it as low as possible to your plant most likely about 3-6 inches, best to start off further away about 18 inches and use the back your hand to test if to hot for your plants. If its to hot for your hand its to hot for your plants, keep your eye on the growth nearest the light and look for curling edges on leaves to much light will dry up a plant, and turn the edges of its leaves brown and crispy, almost like nutrient burn.
        Young plants, seedlings and new clones are especially prone to suffering from too much light remember when lowering the light its best to do it slowly and check the plants regular for heat stress.

Comment

can you clone auto flower plants

Comment

Hi Bib. I've grown autos with large CFLs like that. Get it as close to the plant as possible without burning. Some gentle LST can open up the lower buds and present a flatter canopy for the light.
            No you can't clone autos. They have a life span dictated by time rather than light cycle. When you take a clone it will be the same actual age as the mother and won't have time to establish itself before it is finished.

Comment

My autos are 4wks now. They aren't showing any sign of sexing. Everything I have read or heard says they start sexing at 14 to 21 days old. Can anyone advise me on this please?

Comment

Put up some pics if you can Sweetpea_120.

Comment

I'm not sure how to do that, or which category if I fugure out how to do it.

Comment

Hi Sweetpea,
                    if you look above in the box where you write there is a camera to share photos a paper clip next to the A on the right that lets you attach photos as well try using one or both to upload a few photos of your plants. Also what type of beans did you plant? Certain Auto strains have longer growth periods even though they are auto's they are like advance autos or something like that have like a few weeks give or take longer than a regular auto. But like Katzie said post some pics and lets give them ladys a good looking over.

Comment

Hi Sweetpea. What strain are the autos? The autos I have grown had all shown their sex by 4 weeks, normally after 2 or 3. Are you looking for wee white hairs?

Comment

Hi Saturnalla, I have 1 power flower and 1 white widow. bought 6 power flower and got the white widow free. A friend recommended them, Got them from Royal Queen Seeds, a dutch place. Their feminized autos and it says they should take 8 to 9 weeks, but I don't see that happening if they haven't even started sexing yet. course I don't know anything about them yet,,lol. I took some pictures but the are to dark,,I'll try again in the daylight.

Comment

Their beautiful,,nice and green really thriving well it looks like, bushy as hell about 14 to 15ins, just not sexing yet.

Comment

Their not very good and don't know where the 4th one went,,,lol

Comment

Sweetpea how old are these plants? They look in lovely shape nice colour no deficiency's by what i can see in the pics.
                              You have to click on the 4 phtos to see the fourth one, try upping some pics using the advanced editor on the site its the A button to your right.

Comment

Working...
                              X