Making oil

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making oil

OK boys and girls I've decided to go off the deep end - I was on another forum and they were talking about making oil using formaldehyde or everclear and even isopropyl as an agent, So............what if you used moonshine for the agent? Everclear is trash, formaldehyde is trash and I'm sure some would consider shine trash as well but........what I can get is really good so why not???? As a dissolvent it works real well - you know taking paint off cars and redoing furniture so what do ya think???? - -slo

Hi Slo. I reckon it depends on the percentage alcohol of the shine. I'm sure it would work anyway, but it would need to be a pretty high percentage to make quality oil. I don't know this for a fact, just guessing.
    I've been reading a lot about oil just recently. I have a good friend who is unwell and a few of us are going to get together and make some oil for her. When we do I will do a post on it.

Comment

Cool Sat, I'm interested for sure. The shine I know of is better than everclear and taste is superior - that was why I asked. - -slo

Comment

the alcohol whether it is ethylene glycol or diethylene glycol is only used as a extracting solvent which should not influence the quality or flavor as long as it's volatilized,evaporated properly where the temps and timing are crucial,the higher or purity of the alcohol,the more effective the extraction.
        Iso 99.09% or everclear work the best,I've used both, learn what you can before you attempt it as there are several key steps to the process.
        I use only dry sift(dry ice kief) myself because it makes a cleaner end product without leaching any leaf material.
        this video is close to my own method.

Comment

thanks Viper for all the info on this subject. As a person with asthma I need to learn methods of non smoking this erb. It kills me that one has to use so much bud for so little but am told a little goes a long ways. Now all I have to do is figure out what a candle warmer is lol. - -slo

Comment

I use a fondue pot in place of the candle warmer to finish the final volatilize,check the you-tube for other tutorials,the process is nearly identical for most except some use or substitute other appliances that'll do the same as others.and since i use sift i just go straight to the coffee filters for the final straining.
            chances are you may already own whatever equipment that's required to produce some fine oil that can be taken orally or vaped.
            and save the moonshine for your sippin pleasure.

Comment

Funny, I just took a sip and sat down to the PC. Thanks for sharing this stuff. I'm hoping all will end well this fall and I can make a batch, now if it will just dry up a little so I don't have to worry about rot and mold - might have to break out the visquine. So, if I understand you the alcohol is 99% so, something higher will break it down better? I am saving my leaves of late - I understand that bud is best - I just hate wasting stuff while I open up my bushes for more light. - slo

Comment

yea,the 99% will wash the oil out more thoroughly and quicker so you get less leaf compounds like chlorophyll,which wont alter the medicinal benefits of the oil,but give a harsher less palatable flavor and make it less viscous,lesser residual matter.

Comment

Working...
                X