L.E.D.'s

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L.E.D.'s

Hey guy's, Mega here, hope all are doing well on this hot afternoon. I finally had my L.E.D.'s installed this morning! Hurray! Took out that big sodium system last night, also had new 4x4 flood pan put in at about 16 inches off floor. I have found that the floor in winter gets cold and stunts root growth. Hopefully I will get pics up in the next day or two. Later, Mega

U could show some pictures from the floor? I was thinking to do something like what u done too!

Nice bro!

Comment

I will try to get some up soon, if I remember how to put them up! Mega Nute

Comment

High Mega

So you removed the whole enchilada? The HID's and all the venting and everything, that must have been quite a job. But now your running 2 Spectrum Kings instead, that's going to save you some money, every month on the electric bill, right off. Nice move.

Getting all that gear you had up, replaced with LED's will be much nicer, if you ask me. Your going to love the yield's you'll get with LED's. It will stay a~bit cooler in there too. Now you'll have more overhead room to grow those taller plants if you want.

Have you started your next crop yet?

Comment

Yay! I'll be really interested to see what you make of the LEDs. I have been having fun with mine, but meet some really closed minds. One local grower (friend of a friend) insists that they are not powerful enough and will not work. I've had him round and showed him inside my tent. Whatever the quality of my growing, there's no denying that the lights actually work and are growing some nice fat buds in there. But the guy refuses to accept it! even when he can see the results in front of his face. Why are people so reluctant to accept new ways/things?
          Anyway, maybe some pics or a grow diary MG...? Would really like to see what you do with them.

Comment

• Mega nute
            Mega nute commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Saturnalia, I am trying to put pictures up, but seem to be having problems. I get all the way to where the pics are being transferred, and nothing, it just keeps acting like it is loading until I gave up. Several times!! I am hoping that administration can help me? Later, Mike

Mega, try to upload one by one. And wait like one minute to upload each pictures...

Comment

• Mega nute
            Mega nute commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks GnOMouS, finally had results and got them up! Thanks for your help! Mega

• GnOMouS
            GnOMouS commented
            Editing a comment
            I already had this problem too.... hahahhaha

Hi Mega Here, how is everybody? I am enjoying my first grow with L.E.D.'s and am taking notes so if I am wrong, I won't do it again! Plants have grown to about 25inches and have reached the wire. I have been tying and twisting to expose as many bud sites as possible. I have plants of different species and heights! It is a challenge, but not impossible. Within the next day or two I will put into flowering and hold my breath for two months or so. I have spent much of my time trying to get a lot of tops up to the wire. I have 2units over a 4x4 flood pan. If I understand correctly this produces the equivalent of 1000 watt.. Now it says that the lights will flower 16sq feet or my 4x4 flood pan? Right? Mega

Comment

• thegreengrower
            thegreengrower commented
            Editing a comment
            From the literature on your lights, 1X the 250w covers 16sq ft. And the distance from canopy to light is 16in when in flower And 22in when in veg. But you already know this.. Hope you are well my friend.

What a brave soul you are - all out or none lol. I had trouble with distance with mine, of course I went all out myself and totally freaked my plants out. They do need some distance at the start. I'm gonna try again this fall with leds in one room and cfl in another. Decided to expand a bit. I'm sure mine will be quite different using cheap china's but want to see what up with them - good luck with your flip panda - slo

Comment

Don't know how that happened - supposed to sat partner - slo

Comment

Mega_nute what are the size of the pictures you are trying to upload? That could be your problem, cause most of my pics i put up are sometimes over 2mb in size some were 3. I know it took a while to upload before they were ready to post.

Comment

Working...
              X