Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Determining Sex

Hey all, long time smoker, first time grower here
    I have four plants currently ballooning in size and i think they've entered that flowering stage, but because I didn't use female seeds (hard to grab where I am) I was wondering if you guys would be able to determine the sex for me. I know its easy enough to tell but i keep seeing them both ways probably because i really want them to be female, so i need an unbias viewpoint.

thanks
    P.S - they look so pretty

cropped-plant-01.png cropped-plant-03.png cropped-plant04.png
    Attached Files

And another, post kept saying i uploaded 5 images for some reason
    cropped-plant-02.png
    Attached Files

Comment

Welcome GanjaTilly

Nice plants. Can you give us the age of the plants and how long they have been under 12/12 lighting schedule? Or if you even changed your lighting to 12/12 yet. A brief history here would help us determine what sex they might be. Sorta looking like they all might be female, but a~tad early yet to be positive.

What is their lighting schedule now, ( how many hours a day of light have they been getting?) Have you switched your lighting to 12/12 yet?

Comment

Hi Tilly. Keep us updated with fresh pictures. It's best to catch them early. ;-)

Comment

To Blaze4Daze, i planted them outside late december so they've had summer sunlight for about two and a half months now and I switched them over to a 3 gallon bucket a few weeks back (which triggered a hectic growth spurt), but here are some more pics which i think makes one or two of them look male

pic02-02.jpg pic02-01.jpg pic02-03.jpg

Comment

The first 2 pictures the one on the right is definitely male. You either need to separate from the other plant or destroy it preferably away from the other plant.
            As for the other plant when they have a little stub before the calyx i am always weary of but this does not mean it will be male and soon as you see little white hairs out of the calyx you breath a sigh of relieve.

Comment

Yicks! I would get them outta there asap. So sorry for your loss. That's always a buzz~kill.

Comment

yea that does suck:/ . . . usually i like to to grow an extra frew seeds in case one turns out to be a male or if it just dies. one of those looks like it already started to throw pollen!! should of killed it days ago! don't want it to affect your female plants.

Comment

Working...
                X