Good ol Oklahoma weather

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good ol Oklahoma weather

Hey everyone! I'm a long time consumer but a newbie to growing, mostly cause of the strict rediculous laws 😒 but I've got an opportunity and need to know my best options for outdoor growing ( my only option) here in Oklahoma, where if you don't like the weather today just wait till tomorrow, I have property with a creek right through it so basically I need to know my best options for seed types and process I guess. Our last freeze is usually around end of March April but our summers can be unpredictable meaning it could be A high of 98 one day then 75 the next, anyway any advice would be greatly appreciated! 😃

Welcome Apg!

Best to try~out some bag weed seeds first as a test grow at a location, or two near to your creek with the best all~day sunlight available and good brush cover from public view. Growing the bag weed seeds will help you dial~in the best spot needed for moist enough soil to allow you not to have to worry about them getting the water they'll need without you having to show~up on a regular schedule to water them in their first 2 weeks.

Then you could start adding nutrients at half strength every week to give them better quality budz, if it all works out. My 2cents. Best of Luck.

Comment

Outdoors if it is REALLY hot, like AZ or TX hot, or even some parts of CO, the sun can cause a lot of damage and burn. Same as having a 1000 watt HPS too close to your plant, they will burn. So, as Blaze noted, try some bag seeds, nothing fancy, and place them in a few different locations, under a tree here, closer to the stream over there, out in the open over on this side... See which spot works best this season, then plan around that for next year? You could take a few pictures of the lay of the land where you intend to try this and we might be able to better steer you where exactly to dig your holes... Southern exposure for sun loving plants is critical, so as a rule, the north side of the creek will be your best bet. on the south side of a large tree to offer just a little bit of noon day shade, out at the edge of the 'canopy' of the tree, between there and the creek... Look for other veggitative plants growing along the banks to see what is working in nature already.

Comment

keep it indoors ,or move to Colorado,
        okie is the most draconian backward state when it comes to enforce cannabis laws.
        i wouldn't think of doing any kind of growing outdoors on my own property.

Comment

Some good info here. /\ /\
          Outdoors in Oklahoma should be no problem. I'm not 100% familiar with the climate there but considering the places around the world that grow weed, Oklahoma should be just fine.
          If you have some real hot spells then some partial shade might be good, but your biggest concern during a prolonged hot spell will be water. The creek sounds ideal. Does it dry up in the summer?
          When choosing your strain you need to think about when your first frost will be. A good sunny climate might suit some big sativas, but make a note of how long the flowering cycle is. You want to be sure of being able to harvest before the end of the growing season and the first frost.
          Also, if Oklahoma experiences some of those big plains storms every summer then maybe you should think about something robust and stout rather than tall and leggy....
          Is the weed for medicine or recreational? What do you prefer, an upbeat high or a couch lock bake?

Comment

Knew a great guy from Oklahoma that lived out my way in between 2003-2010, last i heard he went back there.

Comment

Working...
            X