Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• harvest after rain

should i harvest after it rains

U have an outside grow? If so im 2 wks away from harvest "newbie" and am wondering, the plant is 8' tall and 6' wide. HOW DO I HARVEST.. STEP BY STEP

Comment

Hi, sounds like a beautiful plant! When you harvest it, take a look at the branching system and cut up sections so that they have a small piece of the main stem still attached and use it as your hook to hang where ever you are drying at. It works great if you do it right. Just thought it might help. Good luck, Mega

Comment

bud master

Like Mega suggested, start by cutting sections, branches away from main stock, right at the main stock and work your way down the plant removing them.

There's a couple ways you could proceed from there. One way, which I like to do to get it over with and done, is to find a comfy place to sit, get my Fiskars (cutters) a big flat razor blade, to scape off cutters of resin and cut a few branches off at a time, bring them to chair, sit and trim buds till those have been trimmed. Place all buds in a glass container like for making casseroles in, then go get a few more and repeat till all branches have been trimmed down to the buds. You could same the good trim in another glass container if you wish, might come in handy later~on.

Use Glass containers, not plastic. Plastic has a magnetic attraction to the trichromes and they will stick more to plastic, than glass.

When finished lay out all buds on a screen, or two to dry in a cool dark area with a fan on low to help dry for about a week. Temp in dark area should be 60~70 degrees f. Then when dry store in GLASS jars to cure, burping them daily for 2 weeks till completely dry so they don't mold on ya.

Another way is to trim branches off and hang them like Mega suggested till dry, in same cool dark conditions and trim as you you see fit. You could also leave some of the lower branches on the plant a~bit longer to allow them to finish~up better. Then cut off, trim let dry and store in GLASS jars, Burping daily for a minute or two, for two weeks also.

I like to get it over with with a trim~a~thon session and be done with it. Either way you'll be fine. You have a tree to trim, lol might take a few sessions to complete. Trimming is the hardest part of growing for me, But when your all done you'll forget how much that part of growing sucks, Puff, puff, pass....

Let us know how you did, maybe with a few photos of ALL~THAT~BUD, lol. Best of Luck.

Comment

Hi Bib. It's best if the plant is dry as you need to watch out for mould. If you do have to harvest when damp, make sure that you remove all the leaves and that there is LOTS of good air circulation. Try not to have them hanging in really fat clumps, spread them out a bit more so that the air can get in about all the buds.

Comment

Working...
          X