Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just curious if these babies are finished or not? what do you guys think?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious if these babies are finished or not? what do you guys think?

What do you guys think are they ready for harvest? I cannot spend a ton of time day time inspecting these or anything so I snap a few pics instead. Also does anyone have any clue what variety? It kind of looks like California Indica.

Big buds

I'd guess another week to 10 days left, since I can't rightly see the trichromes up close enough. Does look like Indica dominate though. Nice job.

Best thing you can do is learn to identify when to harvest is buy getting a good eye piece to see those trichromes, they will tell you when she is done.

If still clear in color, not ready. If milky white, getting closer. Most strains that I have grown, do show amber in color and I usually wait till the tric's show 60~70% amber in color, then harvest. Some strains show milky white only and can be tricky to determine when ready.

Knowing the strain helps tons too, cause you can look~up the strain description and that will tell you a ball~park time frame of how long the strain takes in the flowering stage. Best to learn how to identify those trichromes yourself and take the time needed to make sure your harvesting at the right time, if your going to continue to grow, that info is priceless to a grower.

Looks like your going to have some great smoke real soon, nice. Best of luck.

Comment

Thanks Blaze. I am patiently waiting.. I have been wanting to use a microscope to examine them but have not been able to since I do not visit during the day. I fear a thief will spot me during the day. I have grown outdoors before (its been about 10 years tho) but never had any that looked quite like this. I got the seeds from a bag of really good last year so I really had no clue as to what or when the harvest window would be. The temperatures will be getting down into the 40's at night I am hoping that will not effect them. Next week they are calling for sunshine all week long and day time highs will be 70-80 degrees. I am wandering if they could get too much sun right before harvest?

Comment

Blaze is right, it looks like this plant has some time to go yet. You could cut one or two of the small leaves that are in the bud and put them under the microscope at home. Watch those tri's like Blaze said as they will tell the story. I am also playing the waiting game like you. First the humidity was like 70 percent for the last few weeks. We have had small showers that have come three times this week right at dark and last about 10 minutes. The buds are wet all night and I have had to cut out rot on a couple of times. Woke up at 3am and was dry. Got up at 7am and it is drizzle, AGAIN!! So, trust me I know what you are going threw. Good luck, mega

Comment

Here is an update looks like mostly cloudy trichs What do you guys think?

Comment

Here is a cropped photo zoomed in

Comment

Working...
            X