Took out the males

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took out the males

I took out the male plants...but im left with these two beauties...anyone tell me what they think how are they lookin? and are feminized seeds already female so I wont have to worry about males anymore?

p.s. I can see trichomes already
    Last edited by Valeer; 09-04-2014, 04:29 AM.

For some reason I can't open your pictures, but from what I can see they are looking very nice. Yes, feminized seeds are already female. So you shouldn't have to worry about that. But when you say you took out the males... were they from different seeds or were they supposed to be feminized also?

Comment

Looking fine from what I can see Valeer.
      Yes feminized seeds are treated to ensure female plants (well, over 99% anyway). This does make the job lots easier. It also means that you can take clones whilst still in veg and be confident that you will get girls. Cloning can save you a fortune on seeds in the future and give you confidence that you know what you will be getting.
      Do you know what strain these plants are?

Comment

no idea what strain, buddy handed them to me lol... these are same seeds that produced males....I have no idea what happened...im guessing luck of the draw?..this was just a test run I guess you could say...but pics don't show the colors of hairs white and orange...im asking about feminized because next year im buying good seeds from a site....I want to make sure this wont happen again...I went from 8 plants to 2 plants....grrrrrrrrrrr.....any ideas of good outdoor strains I should think of purchasing...and any ideas on good site to use to order...Im getting conflicting advice on site to use!

Comment

Originally posted by Valeer View Post
          no idea what strain, buddy handed them to me lol... these are same seeds that produced males....I have no idea what happened...im guessing luck of the draw?..this was just a test run I guess you could say...but pics don't show the colors of hairs white and orange...im asking about feminized because next year im buying good seeds from a site....I want to make sure this wont happen again...I went from 8 plants to 2 plants....grrrrrrrrrrr.....any ideas of good outdoor strains I should think of purchasing...and any ideas on good site to use to order...Im getting conflicting advice on site to use!

Oh wow, you got male plants from what were supposed to be feminized seeds? That is rare... and odd. Especially to get more than one out of only 8 plants. It sounds like there is more to the story here. Maybe whoever you got them from got them mixed up somehow or something?

Feminized seeds are made by forcing a known female plant to produce a few male flowers (pollen sacs). These male flowers on the female plants produce pollen through meiosis like any other sexual reproduction, but instead of having X and Y chromosomes to randomly receive (like they would from a male) they only get X chromosomes because the plant (and DNA) is all female. You now have pollen with only X chromosomes pollinating a female plant's ovary containing (obviously) only X chromosomes, and this gives you seeds which only contain female genetics. How we can still get males using this process is a mystery to me. I suppose it goes along with "the more we learn, the less we know" saying.

Good luck with your next seeds. I hope you have better luck. It is a good feeling to grow something and learn it is exactly what you thought it was!

Comment

Working...
          X