Molases

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Molases

Does any body have a ratio to apply to molasses? How much and how often? I transplanted some plants out of pots and into the ground and would like to try this technique. Any body ever try it? - slo-han

High Slo!

Lots of info on youtube about using molasses, some good and some not so good. Most I've read say to use 1 tbsp. per gallon of water, every other feeding/watering. I use 3 tbpns. per 5 gallons of water, starting in bloom week 3, every other feeding.

I mix my nutrients, in that 5 gallons of bubbled, heated water that has sat for three days, get my readings, PPM and pH, then add the 3 tbsps. of Blackstrap unsulphured molasses.

Suppose to increase the sugar for better trichrome production. I think it helps some. Hope this helps, Good Luck.

Comment

Hey back Blaze, hope your grow and U R ok and doing good. So...I poured about 3 table spoons(or more)o a gal container - oops~! Sure glad I have some more containers lol. I really don't know what an over dose of molas would do but I'm gonna find out. I'll cut it some and wing it and let U know - I don't think the mineral content will make the plant have candy canes but if it does I'll send you one - Slo-

Comment

Could I do this on an outdoor grow? Just wondering...And if knowbody knows yes or no...then would it be worth experimenting next season on a small batch away from my main patch?

Comment

I don't see why not Valeer. But it does contain sugar and if not diluted enough it could draw bugs to your plants. An easy fix to that would be to use a gob of Vaseline and make a ring of it around the main stalk of the plants about 3 inches up from the soil and that will prevent any insects climbing up the plant. The Vaseline will stop them in their tracks.

Comment

Good advice blaze - this is why I joined - all those little tricks that are overlooked until to late. I turned my solution into 3 jugs and added one yesterday to some plants. Time will tell on any problems. Will do the Vaseline thang today - I like it and can relate. I wasn't getting much for size so put some in the ground - might have waited to long for that but...................I did notice some pre flower activity on a few so.........slo

Comment

Thanks slo

You just can't beat that direct sunlight with any other lighting and the good part is, "It's free" for all to use.

Best of Luck with your girlz.

Comment

Working...
              X