Outdoor Growing Light/Dark Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor Growing Light/Dark Question

I have 7 outdoor plants in pots. They are about 3 feet tall and are showing white pistils. I keep reading that in order for the plant to flower and bud the marijuana needs 12 hours of light and 12 hours of darkness. Will I still get buds forming if I just leave them alone without trying to adjust how much light and dark time it receives? I'm a first time grower and would really appreciate an answer. Thank you in advance.

yes if there starting to flower now with just being outside on the natural light and dark cycle of the sun then they will continue to flower just fine there on a natural life cycle instead of a forced life cycle i guess you could say.

this is my sativa outdoors planted right in the ground going into its 4th week of flower and is 7 1/2 feet tall thats just one of 5 main branches though so you can imagine how many flowers there is total...... A LOT lol
    Attached Files

Comment

The 12/12 that you keep reading about is indoor growers forcing the plant into flower. With outdoor growing as the days begin shorten the plant will start to flower and the buds start to form.

Comment

Kbag, you always give great advise in my opinion, nice one.

Comment

Wow! Butters, your going to have tons of buds on that tree, lol. Real nice job there.

Comment

What they said /\ /\
            Nature has got this one covered. The 12/12 thing is about us trying to mimic the natural environment, but nature knows best.
            And yes Butters, top work, you're going to get a big bud bonanza with those beautiful sativas. Would love to see more pics when they are in full bloom.

Comment

They are indeed beautiful to see. I see a lot of work ahead! When those buds get big you will have to tie them up to something and they will get big! Good luck mega

Comment

hopefully we helped you out needweed,

and thanks guys i do have a grow diary going just check it out from time to time, i will post pics every week, and also im in the process of finding something tall enough to tie it up to lol,
                so far i have a couple ideas hopefully they work! also yes there is a ton of flowers that will hopefully get a lot bigger im gonna take a crazy guess and say i end up with 10 ounces dry weight ( but this is my first grow so i would be happy with an ounce.... kind of )

Comment

Working...
                X