No announcement yet.

Hi guys Can you help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Must have been pretty darn medicated when I posted the poo. But the idea of being told to heavily defoliate for a first time grower appalled me, I know from experience that leaving the leafs on, is only going to give you more bud sites. Removing them at an early age denies your plants from developing those precious bud sites. This subject is highly argued among growers and heavy defoliation is only for the experienced growers that know what their doing, have identified their plants as females, or started with fems, or clones and are after bigger yields, pretty much in my opinion.

As Mega pointed out and in my experiences in growing, removal of leafs in the last 2 weeks of bloom is very common and I do the same for the same reasons as pitviper and Mega explained. Get ride of the deadwood and any leafs covering the bud sites, the bud sites have already formed and the lower growth needs all the light they can get to finish~up.

All Feminized seeds that I have started, Valeer have turned out female, ever one. I used to grow regs and found out very quickly that 50% of them turned out to be males and I had wasted my time, efforts and soil supply's by doing so, let alone the grief.

If I was keeping mother plants in the area, it would be different, but I'm not. Chances of a hermie getting to a mother plant would be devastating, even more so starting reg seeds in the same area as mothers. Keeping your lighting as perfect as possible, meaning no light leaking~in to the plants, at all in their dark period is so important and reduces the chances of a feminized seed growing thru to harvest, turning into a hermie.

All I grow now are feminized seeds and it's so worth it. Every one will be a female. I guess I've been way lucky. I have heard others weren't. There are those story's out there that people have had hermies from fems, but maybe they weren't super careful with their lighting leaks. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Blaze4daze View Post
      Hey new haven high!

I think the removal of leafs info, you gave Valeer, is a bunch of

Look at his plants now, jeeezzzzz.

Mr. Blaze4Days, I find what you did here offensive and incredibly unprofessional. We are here to learn, teach, and continue moving the science of growing FORWARD. We are not here to make fun of people, ostracize people, or make people feel stupid. How about rather than showing an animal defecating in response to someones post, you simply state your opinion, back it up with examples (or, dare I say, SCIENCE), and move on.

PitViper, you are no better off... but seeing how you jumped right on board Blaze's post rather than start your own, you are perpetuating an environment where people wont want to post for fear of being ridiculed. Your post about feeding magnesium is the same way. Here is what you said:
        09-09-2014, 04:40 AM

look this article over Slo,this is more in the form of a solution than an "Idea"

I said we could through ideas out all day and still be wrong, and you come back with this back-handed post about adding magnesium sulfate being a "solution" rather than an 'idea" (Even though you first mention a CAL MAG nutrient). Yes, it is a solution if magnesium or sulfur is what is needed, but without testing we don't know that. So in order to try your idea out we have to just throw magnesium sulfate at it and see if it works. This still meets the definition of an idea... NOT a solution. A solution fixes a problem.

You talk about defoliation being "bad advice", yet you subscribe to the idea that it is fine to throw nutrients at plants when you don't know it is what they need (and when you lack any knowledge about the chemistry of nutrient interactions in soil). So you can give bad advice yourself, but are quick to point out others bad advice.

I used to come here because people really wanted to learn and share information, but this place had turned into every other cannabis forum. Full of misinformation, lack of cited sources, bro-science, and now public ridicule of its members. I am disappointed. I liked it here. I will take my education and knowledge elsewhere. Have a good day.

And yes, there are still a lot of good people here. I salute you. Keep up the good work.

Comment

• pitviper
        pitviper commented
        Editing a comment
        Why did you take offense at me also offering some of my suggestions? i was not addressing you or your"idea",so you think that your response should take precedence over another...then you are the one who is narrow minded...so you cant take anyone else alternative input because it bruises your ego?...I'll let my success,experience and posted grows speak for themselves,where are your pictures?...what proof do you have that you are more qualified than anybody else to respond besides your clueless ramblings?..i have grows posted here....also magnesium or cal-mag isn't a nutrient ,and i recommended either one or the other ,its an immobile element...,you are the one who was guessing and offered bad advice when you were urging Slo-Han to experiment and just go ahead an sling nutes at his plants when that wasn't the problem...so you ought to read a few grow books yourself to learn a little and know what you are talking about next time before you take it upon yourself to think that you have all of the exclusive answers.
    Working...
    X