Hi guys Can you help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi guys Can you help?

Hi just want an outside opinion...I live in Michigan....I planted them in june...its now Aug 9th... Can you tell me if these are looking healthy, and what kind they are (indica or sativa) I got the seeds from my buddy...so far I think they look great...but im getting worried because I see no flowering yet...its been a couple months....this is my first outdoor grow....any advice or tips would be appreciated...

The wide leaves are the Indica and the narrow leaves are Sativa. You have Indica. have patience, I live in Vermont. you still have about 10 good weeks. I have Hawaiian Skunk and THC Bomb that are about to start budding. When they show sings of "Hair" You will want to watch them day by day. Also the big fan leaves should be removed and discarded. Happy growing.

Comment

ok will do...and ill post more pics a lil later on so you guys can see the progress!!!! im so proud of my babies!!!!

Comment

Pics after fan leaves removed...hopefully I did it right and didn't hurt my babies....the last pic is of one of them that has black on it...but stinks so good....im assuming that some soil got on the plant and stayed there and has just grown into it...

Comment

hey there from what i understand your not supposed to remove the fan leaves at they are what hold all the food for the plant.... just what ive studied and have been told. i live on the other side of lake Michigan i have this beautiful sativa, very tall never topped or pinched, as i really just wanted to see what i could yield grown out. i think it might have some indica in it from the looks of the fan leaves near the bottom but dont really know.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hey new haven high!

I think the removal of leafs info, you gave Valeer, is a bunch of

Look at his plants now, jeeezzzzz.
            Last edited by Blaze4daze; 08-11-2014, 01:40 PM.

Comment

• pitviper
              pitviper commented
              Editing a comment
              have to go along with ya on that...
              a very bad bit of "advice"an misinformation.
              best thing you can do or should do for an outdoor grow is simply to leave it alone.
              or if you must, train it with strategic tying without lopping off any leaves or branches.
              that unnecessary defoliation is going to reduce the yield, lengthen the recovery and the plants finish time way late in the growing season
              Last edited by pitviper; 09-17-2014, 11:44 PM.

The fan leaf thing is a matter of personal preference. I don't get it myself as you are removing a large percentage of the area that photosynthesises. Maybe right at the end when they are yellowing but not yet.
            It's not too late though Valeer. Give them a good feed and hope for a long sunny end to the growing season.

Comment

Here are the fourth set...after plucking big leaves off a ton of smaller leaves sprouted up with more bud sites im guessing about 6 weeks to 8 weeks will be fully developed..starting to have long hairs coming from corners of stalks/leaves..I might ask for tips on drying....ive heard a few different ways but id rather find out from the experts
              Last edited by Valeer; 08-18-2014, 12:23 AM. Reason: forgot to tell you about hairs :)

Comment

We all have our favourite way but the concept is the same.
                My method is to pull the main fan leaves off of the plant whilst it is still in the soil (if you still have any). I then cut the stems, remove any large easy to get at leaves and then I hang the stems upside down, Lots of people trim their buds tight at this stage but I preferred to dry them with the small leaves still on.
                Hang the plants in a dark room where there is some air movement. They should take around a week or two to dry and the stems will crack easily when they are ready. If your room is quite cold you may have to wait a week longer.
                Once the buds are dry, trim them down to individual buds, removing the stalks. Then put them in a glass jar and open the lid for about 20 minutes a couple of times per day. This is known as curing and gives your final smoke more smoothness and flavour.
                Inevitably you will be smoking some of your bud before it's truly ready. We all do ;-) . Just try and notice the difference as the smoke gets better and better as the bud cures. Once you have a good regular supply you can afford to wait longer for your buds to be at their very best before you smoke them.
                Hope this is of help.
                What's everybody else's method?

Comment

New pics.....Starting to bud....looks like I may have a few males though....let me know your thoughts!!!

Comment

would only let me post 5 pics at a time lol

Comment

Anyone tell me if these are male or female? I see seed deposits but they then open up to bloom....so what are they?

Comment

Yes these last picks are all males except your last pick that was hard to see and I can't tell, mega
                        Last edited by Mega nute; 08-24-2014, 07:26 PM.

Comment

Will I be able to get any good seeds from these? I don't know what happened or why they were males....But how are your guy's feelings on feminized seeds? If I order them are they guaranteed to be females?

Comment

Hey guy, feminized seeds are great and in my experience do very well each and every time. I don't think you will have enough time as seeds take 5 to 6 weeks to mature. I have a plant that is basically ready to harvest right now, but I am waiting to see some signs of seeds busting out or at least show some color. You might make it if you can keep it frost free until mid October? Again these guy's will always steer you to correct info on anything to do with your growing. I myself do not remove fan leaves until the last two weeks. As I am running only fresh water threw the plants at this time and remove the fan leaves and let lower buds get the light they so desperately need. Good luck, Mega

Comment

Working...
                            X