Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie first time growing outdoors am I on the right track?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie first time growing outdoors am I on the right track?

Ok So far all I did was get a couple female seedlings and put them in large pots. typed them of once and today I decided to trim them like crazy.......... not sure if I did this right? how do I know if it's going good or bad?? veg period..... flower period.....how can I tell? trying to add pics.......

Would be nice to see some pictures if your having trouble uploading them try resizing them so they are smaller i am sure there is a pixel limit on here. As for trimming personally i only remove leaves that are dead or damaged in some way. I am one of them growers that believe in photosynthesis what takes place primarily in the leaves so by removing the leaves you are denying the plant of energy. Many growers do remove leaves that cover bud sites etc and still have good results.

Comment

Get free image hosting, easy photo sharing, and photo editing. Upload pictures and videos, create with the online photo editor, or browse a photo gallery or album.

Comment

Comment

Wow they are picture of health mike and in mind def do not need any trimming. i think your going to have some real nice bud there superb work there mike keep it up.

Comment

• mikeb6109
            mikeb6109 commented
            Editing a comment
            are you serious!!! Wow you made my day, this is my very first attempt and just decided oh well what's to lose going to try and work from there. guess I am doing something right.

Deffo on the right track Mike. Looking great!
          I agree with not trimming. Let those leaves do what they have been designed to do. Your leaves have a good colour and seem pretty healthy. Keep an eye out for flowers.
          Do you know what strain they are? How do you know that the seedlings were female?

Comment

• mikeb6109
            mikeb6109 commented
            Editing a comment
            the guy who gave them to me said they were female. plus I do not see any "balls" sack. I have No idea what strain. was told it was 2 same but as you can see one is indicated ND the other saliva. the small one is a clone test I took of the big one. Keep looking for flower but nothing yet...... at least I think. need to see white hairs right???? thinking maybe in a few weeks I should see a sign...... after they flower I can no longer feed them miracle grow right??

Look for flowers around the 4th, 5th, or 6th internodes. Yes, little white hairs is what you want.
          Not sure what to do about the miracle grow. I have never used it anyway. What you do need is a high phosphorous fertilizer. Once the plant starts flowering it has a high phosphprous demand that you need to supply for the best results.
          Read this page about cannabis nutrients.

Comment

Working...
          X