3 weeks into flowering

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 weeks into flowering

first time grower. this plant actually just came out of no where i didn't plant it unless any seeds in the bud i buy stated growing, but the bud i buy doesnt have any seeds in it..... anyway im letting it grow, its 3 weeks into flowering (since i first seen the pistols) temperature during the day is between 75-90 degrees and it started growing in may. from the research ive done its obviously a sativa. just wondering how it looks for 3 weeks into flowering and yes its tall i didnt want to do anything to it since i have no clue. a ton of bud points though in every nook in the plant.

please give me your thoughts on how it looks at this point thank you!! and its all natural grown out side

Hi Butters, she is a beautiful sativa, and really tall. How much direct sun light does it get a day? You will have to do some serious stakes when those buds start to put on weight. It's going to be a challenge as that plant will continue to grow as it flowers! Although you say there are many flowering points, had these been topped or pinched early on they would have doubled your crop and had a plant that was shorter and easier to Handel. Having said this, I think that it is a beautiful plant and will have many flowers up and down those stalks! Good luck with it! Mega Nute

Comment

Yep, I agree, plenty tall but really thin. Good luck with it.

Comment

it has not been topped or pinched. as i said im new ha and just didnt know what to do but recently stated doing my homework and realize it probably has another 2 months of flowering to go and yes ill have to tie her up. im hoping that it still gets good flowers on her if you look closely at the full picture you can see it branches off right away from the main stalk into 4 or 5 main stalks and all the tops on them have nice flowers that are pretty close together, along with that the secondary branches look good out at the tips at well. from what ive read and can tell it gets enough sunlight to all the buds because its so spacy on veg. and it gets about 10-11 solid hours of sunlight at 75-80 degree weather. can branches be pinched at this point? and just to be clear what is pinching. thank you for the help Mega nute

Comment

i just feel like the flowers are small for week 3 or 4 but i keep reading that they will fill out over the next couple of months... but how much.. actually im going to say its been 2 weeks of flowering going into the 3rd week this week
          Last edited by butters; 07-29-2014, 04:03 AM.

Comment

• Mega nute
            Mega nute commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi Butters, they look fine for 2-1/2 weeks old. Flowering comes on slowly in the begining and then as the nights grow 12 or more hours of uninterrupted light! If you break the dark cycle, it will take about 2weeks before flower growth starts again! Mega Nute
            Last edited by Mega nute; 07-29-2014, 06:37 AM. Reason: I fell asleep!

theres really no way for me to break the dark cycle since it all depends on the sun up and sun down... it gets about 10 hours of direct sunlight and 13.5 all together and 10- 10.5 hours of night. ill just keep an eye on it and update this post week by week to show any changes or just show off my girl lol

if anyone has any words of wisdom or experience feel free to help make this harvest a success including the trimming, drying, and curing processes all the info i can get would be a great help thanks again Mega nute for the help/advise so far
          Last edited by butters; 07-29-2014, 10:11 PM.

Comment

Hi, I would suggest a bit of budding agent like tiger bloom - there are lots of choices out there but I try to stay with fox farms. You might as well put some stakes around and in as it will probably start to lean(we hope, lol). I like to use the tape they sell for tomatoes(green in color) to tie them up. wire can cause problems so............Quick one here - don't use full amount in bloom recepies - dilute. The only other advice I have is to send me some. SLO-HAN

Comment

• Mega nute
              Mega nute commented
              Editing a comment
              I like to use floral ties, they are like a 10inch long pipe cleaner! They come in all colors including a green and are incredibly soft and twist any way you like and are very strong. Just a different thing I have used. Mega

• butters
              butters commented
              Editing a comment
              hey slo-han how often do you use tiger bloom? like 1 or 2 times a week? thank you

I had to laugh when you said no way I can break the dark cycle! Take a flashlight out back and shine it on plant for a couple of minutes after dark and see how quick it breaks, the reason I laugh is because early on like when I was 20 I had two plants out on the side of our front porch in dirt. Those 2 plants grew like wild fire and it got to be the first of Aug. And I noticed still no flowers. By the middle of august I knew something was wrong, but could not put a finger on it. One night I was sitting out on the porch eating dessert, when the neighbor let his dog out and by the time the dog hit the last step, 2 lights came on shinning right at plants! It was only on for about a minute and went out 45min. Later the dog came out light came on.this time for 2 mins. So this continued until about 1130pm when the next door neighbors went to bed. It was months later that I learned that the man next door went to work at 5:30 am and let the dog out at 5am, before the sun came up and those damn lights were on again! Anyway, point is you can break nite cycle. Good luck, mega

Comment

• butters
              butters commented
              Editing a comment
              ahhhh, now i get it. so any kind of light will slow it down. it hasn't broken the cycle that im aware of so ill just keep a close eye on things.

Comment

She is a beautiful plant my friend! Mega

Comment

Hey Butters - tiger bloom is used like any other blooming agent. I just like fox farms but I experiment with locally made products as well. I use a diluted recipe every other watering when I see "the sign" and quite when I am near the end so it can be flushed. Back strap molasses is something you might want to investigate as well. I am by no means a pro at this. I've been an outside type of guy who recently moved indoors so I can play in the winter months. Hope that helped, it worked quite well on a train wreck - good indoor plant - slo

Comment

Beautiful Butters. You must be very happy with her.
                  When is the first frost in the area that you live? Some sativas are very long flowering and you need her to be finished before the frost.

Comment

• butters
                    butters commented
                    Editing a comment
                    the first frost is usually mid October sometimes very rare but there can be a freak frost in september but i hope it doesnt do that this year..

i researched the temperatures through september and october to see about this because i realize that this plant may go into october.

so once late september comes ill have to really watch the temps

Comment

a few more pics. buds are slowly getting bigger
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by butters; 08-11-2014, 07:40 PM.

Comment

some pics of the end of week 3 shes tallllllllll about 7 1/2 foot tall. gave her a good flush yesterday, now going to let the ground dry up a bit to get good oxygen to the roots and then give her a drink probably friday.

these 2 pics are of one of the main 5 branches that reach to the sky just loaded with flowers

Comment

Working...
                      X