Tastes like pepper?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tastes like pepper?

Didn't quite know where to post this but..............I have a northern lights x blueberry plant that I got as a clone(same place I've had problems with) and noticed this weekend it had bananas growing up at the notch in the stems - am assuming it to be male. On a whim I started pulling the sacks and stuffing them in my mouth and the next thing I know I've got pepper mouth(hot). Only thing I could think of was to wash my mouth in shine lol. I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with "sacks"? The taste was of pepper as well and I've never been there before - what say you - - -anyone? Down another plant, damn -slo

The banana nodes means it's a Hermaphrodite (both male and female) And it's caused by over stressing the plant. Most likely they didn't take care of the mother, so when they cut the leaves and make clones, you get hermies.

Never heard of them tasting like pepper. Now I want to try one...

Comment

It's important to know if it's a stress hermie or a plant that's genetically predisposed to hermie. Clones from a stress hermie should be fine as long as you do not stress them. If the mother was genetically predisposed to being a hermie then you need to take care.
      As for the pepper flavour. I'm well intrigued. Maybe you have found a good use for those bad news bananas. Hermie salad anyone?!

Comment

I'm not a "nature boy" by any means but am always stuffing my mouth and looking for new "greens". Fiddle ferns, dandy lines,(sp) cat tail and almost anything is fair game - survival type interests. Was collecting some tea leaves when I stumbled onto this - wondering if my dirt was maybe pepper mulch or this is just the way it is - try it and let me know guy's!!

Comment

Have been checking the "pepper plant" and see no more NANNERS so now I'm completely confused. Seems it might have reverted back to being a hussy?
          Seems like I might have a crop after all. This week has been a hottie with more to come. I live in Washington so can someone tell me what the hell that big yellow thing in the sky is?????? - slo

Comment

Working...
          X