Starting to wonder.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting to wonder.

So the seeds Im growing came from some bud a friend of mine has. (Sour D x Grapfruit) There crop had seeds in it because one of the plants hermied out at the end and fucked all the beautiful females. Will I still get some nice females from the seeds or will they be hermaphrodites? Also, all but one of the seeds are growing really slow, and one of the sprouts looks kinda deformed. They look healthy, just growing really slow.

Firstly, there is a very good chance that the resultant offspring will be hermmies. And do you really want to grow a crop of hermmies??? I think not. When the seedlings are very young, which I'm assuming yours are,, then yes growth is slow above ground,,, this is because the plants energies are being directed to growing a healthy dense root system. Don't worry they will very soon be showing you good growth.

Comment

Are you saying the females I do get will turn into males at some point? Im kinda confused. Is there any chance with 6 plants Ill get a female?

Comment

It's just something that you will have to look out for. Your plants may turn out to be beautiful girls,, but there could always be that chance when they might start developing male sex parts. There is always the chance that you'll get just female plants. And I hope that you do. Just keep a close eye on them especially during late flower /bud development.

Comment

Thanks for the advise. Is there any distinct characteristics of the hermaphrodites? So I can just get rid of them asap.

Comment

No. No distinctive signs to look out for. You'll only know when you see the male pollen sacs amongst the female buds. You can of course do the tedious job of trying to remove them when they appear,, but there is always the chance that you'll miss some. It'll be up to you on that one. Let's just hope you have all girls.

Comment

What GG said. They will have a higher propensity towards hermying themselves, but it's not set in stone. Just keep a good eye on them. Watch out for banana shaped flowers. If you look up "banana hermie cannabis" or something you will find pictures.
              I know we all do our best not to stress the plants, but take extra care with these as it is stress that will cause them to hermie if they do.

Comment

Should I just buy some feminized clones? Sounds like a better idea too me, I don't wanna have to worry about having a seedy crop after working hard to grow some good buds. What do you guys think? Or should I just go for it with the ones i got?

Comment

Just crack on with what you got.. You might just have a garden of gorgeous females. You're not guaranteed to get HERMIES just because your seeds were from a seeded crop. But it is something that you will have to look out for. Good luck,, here's hoping they're all girls. :-)

Comment

Working...
                  X