Choosing a location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing a location

Alright so i went hiking yesterday to find the site for my garden and i founded a perfect place. Water near, isolated so no-one can see it, gets plenty of sun..
    But after looking around a bit, I found some oppened soil bag, and containers
    All the stuff there seemed old, definetly not from last year, so i dont know if i should take this spot to grow or keep looking for another one
    Just wondering what were your thougts about this
    thanks

That's a tricky one. If someone else has been growing there it could vouch for your good site selection, but on the other hand it means it is not as secret as you thought.
    The fact that the stuff is old is a good thing, but whoever it was that left it might still walk past. Really this is a decision that only you can make, based on the location and your local knowledge. Part of me wants to think that another grower would respect your crop, but that is probably extremely naive.
    If you have plans for a few plants maybe just plant some of them here. Spreading your crop over a few different sites is a good way of spreading the risk and ensuring that you get at least something back - eggs in one basket etc.

Comment

• bunningaspliff
      bunningaspliff commented
      Editing a comment
      alright thanks for the advice. I think i will spread my plantsand find another site
Working...
X