No announcement yet.

Doing a test grow, tips appreciated.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something wasn't sitting right with me. The leaves were to much of a light green. So i went to the main site and did a little research. Lime green leaves are a sign of Magnesium and sulfur deficiencies. So I got a 1.5 liter bottle, mixed in about 2 teaspoons of epsom salt into hot water, and let it sit over night with the lid off. Gave about 3/4 of the water to the plants, making sure to sprinkle some on the leaves (this was at twilight, to prevent it burning the leaves..)

Came back the next day and the one that was drooping and looking to water logged immediately looked much more full of life and was no longer drooping (and it rained a good part of the day) and the other one just looked better. Both of my girls leaves seemed to take on a healthier shade of green over night. Though it will probably be a week for it to take full effect.

I think that's the reason they didn't look right to me, but I couldn't figure out what was wrong. I had never seen coloring like I was seeing, because magnesium and sulfur defeciencies are rare in soil. But I am currently using less then optimal soil, so it makes sense.

My current plan is to remove my normal NPK nutes, and let them use what I imagine is available in the soil, while giving them a bit of epsom salt water every week until new growth looks lush. Thoughts? Essentially, I'm going to just let them grow now, with nominal intervention.

Comment

The leaves are now looking much more dark green and healthy. Only a slight trace of the lime green color remains now. Growth seems to have picked up slightly as well, which is great! The shorter one seems to have a single leaf that is kind of droopy It looks weird. I'll check her on the fourth to see if anything changes, but overall they look great now. Seems like the epsome salt was exactly what they needed.

Comment

She has been budding for a while now, some of the pistils are red at the tips, and the buds are covered in tricombs that sparkle when they catch light. And the smell. She smells sooooo damn good.

As long as I don't forget, i'll be taking a few pictures this weekened to post up here. Her biggest bud seems to double in width ever 3-4 days. So i'm going to enter it into the big bud contest, if it's still going, once she's done.

Looking to harvest in october, when the temp drops into the 70's range I think. Depending on the weather, and how the bud looks.

As usal, open to suggestions!

feeding:
        wednessdays: 9-4-9 with 1 tablespoon epsom salt disolved in the gallon. (feed it with a half gallon)

saturdays 9-4-9, 1/2 gallon of mixture.

I know it's higher nitrogen then she needs, but I didn't have the cash available for nutes, as we are saving to move, and the g/f said no But she seems to be prospering anyways.

Aww, turns out the contest ended, and my girl wasn't ready yet. No fair. Tennessee didn't even hit 12/12 light until september 1st!
        Last edited by Mannfreid; 09-12-2014, 11:39 AM. Reason: Contest ended... Booo

Comment

I forgot my camera again >.<

Anyways, temp s dropping to sixties and fifties at night and sitting at 70's and 80's during the day. She probably still has another 2 weeks of flowering left in her, I bet, but the cold weather has me worried.

I never had to actually deal with this before. So what do i do? Let her grow till she dies, or should I harvest her now? Pros vs cons?

Comment

Working...
          X