Outdoor bug?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor bug?

Came across this fella sitting on a leaf on some outdoor plants and have no clue what it is?
    bug.jpg

Anyone know of what this lil bugger is?

Comment

Hi Katzie. I have no idea what this is. I have sent the pic to a friend of mine who might know, but if it is a specifically Canadian bug then it might be outside of her knowledge. I will let you know what she says.

Comment

Thanks bud, it has cooled off quite a bit and seems they're isnt alot of them like there was when the weather was hotter a week or so back. They seem to be some sort of larvae i was thinking.

Comment

I've had a few people tell me it is a ladybird (ladybug) larvae. They are normally darker in colour than that but apparently they do come in other colours too. maybe in Canada?
          If this is the case then that is good news as ladybirds are voracious carnivores and will eat a lot of other bugs without hurting your plant.
          Look them up on google images and see if you agree.

Comment

If not, deffo a small beetle larvae so nothing to worry about.

Comment

Thanks but I am still unsure if thats it or not. But from what i can see they don't appear to be damaging any of the plants ive seen them on. So guess its all good from what i can see.

Comment

It does look a bit wierd huh?? hopefully for you it is a ladybug larve, they eat spidermites. So next time you run into troubles with spideys just get some ladies and done deal my friend

Comment

Yes ladybugs are marijuana's best friend thats for sure when it comes to spidermites, had to buy some one time to get rid of a bad infestation. They done their job and saved a lot.

Comment

Came across this, a carpet beetle larvae i think it might be?

http://www.harpercollege.edu/ls-hs/b...sp.%282%29.jpg

Comment

hmmm Í don't think thats it bro :S

Comment

Looks like a ladybird to me. Wrong colour but the shape is very distinctive. MAybe you have odd coloured ones in Canada?

Comment

Working...
                        X