not indica ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not indica ?

I was told that my plants are sativa NOT indica ??? I've been growing the ladies as an "indica". this is what I am using as a guide: Week 1 + 2 of 12/12:
    5ml of Bloom, 3ml of CalMag, 2 teaspoons of molasses. Ph and feed.

Week 2 - 4 of 12/12:
    10ml of Bloom, 3ml of CalMag, 1 tablespoon of molasses. Ph and feed.

Week 4 - 7 of 12/12:
    15ml of Bloom, 3ml of CalMag, 1 tablespoon of molasses. Ph and feed.

Week 8 of 12/12:
    5ml of Bloom, 3ml of CalMag, 1 tablespoon of molasses. Ph and feed.

Week 9 - Finish:
    3ml CalMag, and 2 teaspoons of molasses. Ph and feed. RO water if needed for a tenth week.
    Any suggestions on how to adjust to the sativa's longer flower time ?
    TIA crazy

What do you mean growing them as an "indica"? And thats alot of feeding with no plain water to flush in between feedings. Or are you doing that and not putting it up in the schedule you posted.

Comment

Katzie.. the "guide" I started my grow with is for an "indica" dominant plant not a "sativa" as it said indica is easier to grow for a noob... I can send you a link to the guide/site if you wish ?... I'm doing as I posted, a mixed gallon/3.8L between 3 plants... no sign of nute burn or any problems doing so.... I used this guide to start with before I found and joined htgm... growing has evolved since I grew back in the early 80's in a one horse backwoods town where it was plant them in dirt... fertilize with cow shit from the dairies... water and let them do their thing... any suggestions that you can pass on to this old crazy noob will be appreciated.

Comment

Yes that is true some indica's are easier to grow but its not always the case due to so many different strains out now a days, i was not putting you down personally was just my opinion. I was told my pineapple chunk is indica dominant but it looks more sativa but i am still using the same amounts of nutes as my legit indica i have growing beside the pineapple chunk.

Comment

I know you were not putting me down Katzie... I value your input about growing.... also I am using 3ml calmag and molasses mixed in a gallon/3.8L of RO every other watering, I supplement with plain RO as needed... I do not know much about this "hobby" except what I read and what knowledgeable helpful people are willing to share . If I knew what I was doing in the "hobby"... I would try to pass on to people that were in search of help.
          Cheers crazy

Comment

Crazy_teuful what are you growing in soil?

Comment

Look at your plant and see how it has been reacting to what you have been doing. If everything has been looking good then i would just continue as you were doing before knowing they were sativa dominant. If you see anything bad happening then give it a good water flushing and on next feed lessen the amount of nutes used before. Just keep an eye on her and then decided what needs to be done to better your situation.

Comment

Kbag... yes growing in soil... it's called Recipe 420....Thanks Katzie, I keep a close eye on the plants... so far so good...I'll keep you up to date

Comment

Its just the chart you put seems very rich in Calcium And Magnesium as molasses already contains these.

Comment

Kbag... being a noob I did not know that the "guide" from another site had me using rich amounts of Calcium and Magnesium plus more from the molasses.. what concerns should I have ? ... guess I need to read more for the next grow... I appreciate your input...

Comment

When i first looked at your guide i automatically thought you was in hydro using r/o water. Then i remembered seeing your other thread thinking i am sure he is in soil. The main concern is nute lock out caused by to much calcium. Most calcium and magnesium deficiency will show with in the first 4 weeks of flower. If it has not shown by then my advice to you is ditch the cal/mag and stick with the molasses to the end. Its a hard one to call as i do not know your line of nutrients that you are using but normally in soil the base nutes have sufficient amounts of cal/mag+ your soil.

Comment

Thanks Kbag...just posted a problem with the soil grow...using botanicare...not sure what the problem(s) is...as stated in the new thread timer got of the 12/12 for a couple days now.... that is when the ladies started looking strange...

Comment

Working...
                        X