Advice needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed

Ok these plants have me stumped i just not can work out what is going on with them. These are clones i took from my grow whilst they were flowering. as they re-veged i expected the one 2 fingered leaves. My problem is that i have twisted distorted growth and i can not work out why. I thought at first i had the light to low but that is about 40" from the top of the plants. I was hoping to get these into flower in the next week or 2.
    The plants do look Nitrogen rich under the LED but in the natural light they look ok, i have reduced the amount of base nutrients in a effort to turn them around. Really unsure if this is being caused by to much nitrogen locking out phosphorus or its a mutation caused by the re-veg. Any advice would be much appreciated as i am in 2 minds to start again from seed or persevere with these plants.

could be they went into a little shock somewhere along the way,
    you can try giving a b vitamin supplement like superthrive and a dose of silica added to a light feed.
    the silica will help the internal cellular structure rebuild itself and the the superthrive can help with their vigor,...if that works they ought to start showing some sign of normal growth
    in about a week or two.

Comment

Taking clones from flowering plants while their mothers have been being fed flowering nutrients regularly, even if it was just a couple feedings, (you didn't say how long their mothers were in bloom when you took them clones.) then switching them clones back to veg nutrients even just a few times could be why.

That might have caused your situation along with the lighting change, don't know 4 sure though. They might be awful confused about now and showing this in their leaf formation.

Could be intresting just to let them continue growing in veg an extra few weeks till they recover some and hopefully start growing normal looking leafs again, then switch them over to bloom. I would try to save them if possible, Like you said, easy on the nutrients till they are re~established in veg and growing normal again, then make the switch. Worth a try. Best of Luck with them.

Comment

I have one right now that is doing the same thing, took the clone off a flowering mother. It is a bit twisted, the main cola turned into a stub. Lots of messy growth lower, took a few weeks for it to find itself. Most of that lower stuff is going to be cut off at this point, maybe one or two of those branches will amount to anything anyway... It is half the size of clones I took at the same time from non flowering plants. I think it took a week or so to transition back to growth, then that main stem needed to establish itself... so it is really about 3 or 4 weeks behind. Wont be doing THAT again any time soon!

Comment

I would just like to thank all of you for your input. Its really interesting to see these grow, i took these clones when the plants were 2 weeks into flower. They were planted into coco with just plain water no rooting powder or gel.
          These took a age to root i left them under the canopy for about 4 weeks in the flowering tent. I do think that they are confused what is causing the twisted abnormal growth, we will see in the next week or 2.
          I will spray them with some rhizo and add some canzyme to the root , hopefully this will give them some extra vitamins and sugar to help them through the stress. I am so glad i took these clones as the OG kush is one of the best smokes i have had in awful long time. Thank you Dinafem lol
          bev 029.JPG
          Last edited by kbag; 01-22-2015, 03:41 AM. Reason: Adding photo

Comment

This plant is monster cropped. Reverting to normal veg growth can take a while and the weird single leaves is normal. Don't flip until the plant is growing normally and healthily. Once the plant has truly reverted growth will be really really bushy with multiple heads. Branches can remain quite spindly so some super cropping can help (it also helps even the canopy which is good for the LED). You may need to support them as the flowers get bigger once you've flipped.

Comment

the only purpose i'll renew,regrow a plant to a vegetative state is to become a doner/mother for future cuttings.
              especially if it's a keeper
              and from the looks of yours with all the excellent bottom growth you'll get many cuttings that'll grow into a large single cola main shoot allowing you to pack more together for a very productive SOG.
              and you'll get a bigger harvest with the multiple clones than you will from the single re-vegged mother plant.
              also you can keep the mother plant in a permanent veg and keep re-harvesting prime first generation cuttings as it regenerates for as long as you want to keep her going.
              you'll just have to give her a little longer recovery and let it grow into a nice rounded bush with plenty of branching shoots to supply yourself with enough cuttings after every harvest of the offspring.
              by the time you will have harvested the offspring,the mother would have recovered sufficiently enough to provide enough cuttings to start another grow immediately after the previous one,...almost giving you a perpetual cycle.
              the cuttings from the original mother will always be more productive than taking cuttings from a cut of a cloned mother plant.

Comment

Thanks Pitviper & Schmokin the advice from you both is sound and much appreciated. My cuttings were really off the cuff as i was lolipoping and defoliating for my first scrog i decided to take some cuttings and just put them in coco and plain water. They did root eventually but i will not be doing this again as i am scaling down my grows. I have a real small space now as my grow area not really sure if i will keep all 4 yet or just do 2. Height is not the problem now but the square footage will be.
                I should of added they are looking better already so i am hoping by the middle of this week coming they will be looking back to normal.
                Last edited by kbag; 01-24-2015, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Seems everyone is having a problem with a twisted or distorted young plant. I have one from seed. I planted two seeds of Arjans haze no.2,one looks great and the other looks like it had a fight and is trying to recover! You can see them in my grow diary. Mega

Comment

certain genetic strains like from the blue family are notorious for that...it will show seemingly malformed leaf growth from seedlings,while others dont.
                    and that is a normal trait conducive to the strain.
                    maybe it's just genetic in certain strains to display unusual twist in early development.

Comment

Working...
                    X