12/12 and prunning

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12/12 and prunning

Ok two weeks of 12/12 !im kinda like a pruning junky lol!! I trim a lot sun leaves mostly and bottom stuff and did some super cropping and cut tops to make 2 and all working out pretty good so when should I stop? 5 out of 10 are ladies

I usually prune most large fan leaves as I veg, leaving only the top few 'layers'... Then a heavy prune when I transition, take off some lower branchs, grab a couple clones and thin inside ect. Then leave them alone for a few weeks, then once they are full on flowering, I take off even more internal leaves so light can pass through the whole plant, leaving only outer fan leaves and that same ring around each cola... More so with indoor than outdoor, outdoor, the plants need a bit more of the shade and respiration of those fan leaves... After that, they generally are not going to produce any new water leaves so I do try to leave SOME of them for finishing But all in all, by the time I get to harvesting, there is not a whole lot of leaf left... Trim Trim Trim!

Comment

Pruning is best done in veg mode, pruning diffuses floral hormones and messes up chlorophyll production. Ive read to avoid pruning up to a month before inducing flowering as you can stunt your plants growth for up to a week or more. I usually do alot of tucking big fan leaf under smaller tops to give more light to them. And only take fan leaf off that are actually dead or %50 dead.

Comment

Working...
      X