First Grow! Need Opinions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Grow! Need Opinions

Hello! I will be making a PC grow box for my room. I need a few opinions, as I keep reading mixed ideas. I *think* I will go with Barney's L.S.D. Feminized seeds or Heavyweight Massive Midget Autoflowering Feminized Seeds. I will be growing in soil. I guess I'm just confused about the process and what else I need? Is there some sort of guide or something that lays out the steps in a decent way? Sorry I'm very new to this. Trying to read up as much as possible so I can make my first attempt at this! Sorry I'm so vague.. If you ask me questions I will answer them so I can give you all more insight on what I'm thinking and you can guide me from there!

Thanks!

Welcome EhrMerGerd

Good choice for beginning your growing experience in soil, others would disagree, but you need help now. Soil is the easiest for beginners to learn in, if you ask me. Plus the plant grows better not being manipulated by hydro methods in my opinion. My 2cents there.

You'll need to get a good potting soil to start. Later grows you can expand on your potting mixture. Germination is next, paper towel method should get them going if you don't keep them too wet. Use small starter pots if possible for your young sprouts.

Transplant to final containers after around 4~5 weeks. Fox Farms nutrient trio has a great nutrient line to grow from sprout to harvest.

Keep the grow area temp between 80f~85f, humidity close to 45%~50%. pH at or near 5.9~6.1. Give them as much light that you possibly can. 400wts at 3~4 feet away while they grow from sprout to seedlings. Lower the light to 2~3 feet from tops of plants after week three, in vegetative cycle. Start them on very lite amounts of Veg nutrients after week 2 and be real careful doing so. Flush with 3x the container size with water only is you overfeed right away, don't wait. you should be able to tell if you overfeed within a few hours, so watch them closely, right after your first feeding.

If you need more info, we here will be happy to offer more help with any additional questions you (will) have. Hopefully this will help you get underway. Best of Luck.

Comment

Thank you! I got my seeds ordered today so I'll try and post some progress/questions as I go!

Comment

What do you suggest for potting soil to start with? Also, what nutes should I buy to mix in?

Comment

I can only recommend what I know worked good for my grows. Home depot caries (Super Soil) potting soil, or if you have an Ace Hardware in one of the legal Medical Marijuana states, they or your local Hydro Supply store caries Fox Farms Potting soil, Happy Frog, or Ocean Forest. Both are good, Fox Farms is better and they also have a great line of nutrients for your plants also, Fox Farms Nutrient trio, Grow Big, Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom.

Comment

Working...
          X