My girl doesn't feel like budding.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My girl doesn't feel like budding.

Hi everyone. My Blue Dream sprouted on November 2nd and went 12/12 on November 26th. I use a 125 W CFL light and BioBizz fertilizers. Humidity is 70% and temperature is 20°C (68°F): can't do anything about that. It's two weeks since 12/12 and no sign of bud formation nor female sex signs. I have to say that I used to turn the light on sometimes during the dark period to take care of her during the first days of flowering but now I don't do anymore. If I keep absolute dark during the dark period will she eventually bud? Thank you!

She has been topped and low stress trained to fit the ScrOG.

Patience, patience BlueDreamer i am sure it will start soon, and bring that humidity down to around %50-%55, make sure that 125w CFL is a flowering light aka 2700k. If you can post a picture of what ya got going.

Comment

As katzie stated - patience - turning on a light during dark periods is a no no - creates confusion. The blue series is kind of cantankerous at times and I found that they are not in any hurry - mine went forever. Some were in and some were outside. Did you give it any dark time before the flip- as in just before the flip? - -slo-han

Comment

If you have to go in a grow room during a plants dark hours, use a green light BlueDreamer.

Comment

Messing about with the light during the dark period could well have put your babies back a bit. It's still too early to start worrying. Give them some more time and keep a real good eye on them, especially around the 4th, 5th 6th internodes where the first flowers will show.
          And as was said above, try and get that humidity down a bit. I've been wrestling with mine, which was stuck in the 80%+ range. Ended up buying a small dehumidifier from ebay for £35 and it seems to be doing the job.
          125W is quite week and that may make a difference too (?). Get it as close to the plant as possible without burning the leaves.
          Let us know how you get on, and yeah, photos are always helpful.

Comment

I use a 200w CFL for canopy lighting and 2-125w's for side lighting to try and get more light inside to areas where the canopy light can't reach too.

Comment

I'm new and need some info. Also learning to navigate this forum. I have a clone OG Kush. Didn't ask any questions when I bought it, so I don't know if SFV or what. I got it in mid-Dec 2014 and it looks great. I think I am doing things right. After I transplanted the cube into hydrogarden I began notice the aroma all over. I believe I still have it in veg stage, giving 18 hours light and 6 hours no light. Over the past week I have noticed that I do not smell it anymore. Am I just use to it that I do not smell it?

Comment

I cant see one plant smelling that strong during veg stage if anything it will be stinky during flowering. I grow 1-2 plants and even during flowering the smell isnt that strong.

Comment

As far as I know it is a clone SFV OG Kush for $10.00. I only bought one and it is my first time growing. It was not in flowering, and I haven't adjusted times to allow it to flower yet. Believe me, it really did put up a very nice and strong aroma. I trimmed a few of the larger fan leaves to expose the lower leaves. I also attempted to FIM it a few times and it has not bothered it. I did a major LST (experimental) to the main stalk and it is surviving and growing just above where I did it and is looking like it is coming out of initial shock and is springing back upward. I'll see how it looks in a day or so. But as I said, I just do not notice the intense aroma it had a few weeks ago, or I am just getting use to it.
                  Last edited by starleafer; 01-14-2015, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Yes you do get use to the smell.

Comment

Probably smelling the hydroponics solution as you started or added nutrients, more so than the actual plant, if it is not in flower yet. I flower 2-6 at a time and hardly notice over all the other smells I have in the house.

Comment

No, it is not the nutrients. It has been smelling like it's fully grown since I bought it, Not fowl -- just like someone is smoking some good reafer. No, I do not mind it at all. In fact, I didn't start nutrients until two weeks after I got the clone. I have been keeping it in veg since I got it. It is growing nice an bushy. So now the question is, as long as I keep it with lighting on for 18 plus hours a day do I stand the risk of keeping it veg too long? And if I keep it in veg phase can I continue to give it nutes with every water change (every week), or should I give it nutes only after every other week? I will post a picture this week.

Comment

Here's my two cents worth. I have a haze plant that gives a nice smell in veg. and has been from second week on. Smell has been strongest at about 5 every afternoon. I figure it will stink in flower for sure. Mega

Comment

I am a Noob – first time growing circa 12/20/14. Clone OG Kush (SFV?) Indica (wide-fat leaves), 4.5” very few roots peeking out bottom. Placed in AG hydroponic submerged to bottom of res. I used the nutrients that came with the AG. Didn’t find these boards and wised up researching until a week after. 18 days brought to top of res now that roots were growing very well but noticed light brown roots and also noticed reddish branches but didn’t pay 100% attention. Got GHP nutes and cleaned res, roots, began removing chunks of the pod that loosened away, and gave half of dosage recommended and seems didn’t like that. Then my pH pen and pH Up/Down kit came and I paid more attention to research. Re-cleaned res and all, new nutes mixed exactly same but as per instructions to the T but settling the pH. Things began looking great. But what about that root color and purplish-red stems – got hydro guard and Cal mg stuff later that day, added very small amount to res and over 2 days new white roots were everywhere in abundance and purplish-red diminished and light brown roots diminished. A few days later I re-cleaned again, all new nutes and supps. Everything looking good.

BTW: I decided that I am keeping in veg until beginning of March. Since the day I got the plant I have smelled that good bud aroma. At one point it went away and just about a week ago it has come back. I missed it.
                            Anyway, plant started getting 10.75” around 1/15/15 so I thought I’d try LST at just below top. And a few days later I went and did it to the bottom. And I have been steadily trimming. Looks like a bonsai tree.

Other NOOBS: Research and make a plan. I have been lucky. I have learned a lot through these boards. I must have one hellova patient and resilient plant because it has endured everything I’ve thrown at it, including our cold low-30s weather we had in CA for about four days. Now that I’ve gotten this far I think I know how to handle things calmer and cruise for a while. Thanks everyone.

I welcome any comments.

I will add photos after I get the file sizes down, hopefully today
                            Last edited by starleafer; 02-02-2015, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Here are first five pictures.
                              Please ask any questions or offer any advice. Thanks
                              Last edited by starleafer; 02-02-2015, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X