Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Starting my grow.

Hey guys,

So i've become a lover of the "bud" over the past few years, and I see the value in growing my own herbs.
    Not just for monetary reasons, but for the growing concern of the FED messing up the system.
    My favorite bud is super silver haze or jack herer , I know that this is a difficult feat for my first grow so I'm wondering what plant I should start out with.
    I also want to grow hydroponically, with a grow box you can buy online. Should I buy one? which one is best? Growing discreetly is a priority and have a large walk in closet it work with.
    I know close to nothing about the genetics of bud which is what scares me about growing.
    I also have watched numerous videos online and am still confused by what nutrients I should actually feed my plant? does it vary based on strain?
    buy clones? or clone myself? how do you go from seed to flowering chamber? how do you go clone to flowering chamber?

Looking for someone to point me in the right direction.
    I don't mind getting trolled for being a noob.

Thanks for all the help.

Jack

Good morning Jack and welcome to the site. The answers to your ?s are all on the site here, you just need to spend some time and do a little reading. Enjoy.
    Mike

Comment

Hi Jack. No trolling pal. These are all good questions.
      If it was me I would start out with the strains you like, so SSH and JH. It's true that these take a bit more looking after than some of the wee indicas, but the principle is the same.
      If you really want somewhere easy to start, maybe go for some autos. It's what I did toy start, and it was a good way to get used to having the plants growing indoors and seeing how they developed. Worth a go if you feel really daunted by growing.
      As for the grow box. If you already have a nice walk in closet, is there really any need for the box? A closet is a kind of a box anyway right.... Why not just fit the lights and vents directly into the closet?
      If you're talking about getting a grow box kit, with all the necessary equipment, that is maybe a good idea. It will work out more expensive than buying the individual components, but it may make it easier for you.
      You don't really need to understand too much about genetic at this stage. You clearly like a nice upbeat sativa type high. That's all you need to know right now. Look for seeds that fit into that category, but you already know what genetics you want - SSH and JH.
      Have a read of this site about germinating, cloning, vegging and flowering. The answers to your questions are all there. You will need different food for vegging and flowering, but nor for different strains. Different strains might require different amounts, but it is the plants themselves that will tell you that.
      Have a good read and then come back with more specific questions if you need help.
      Good luck with it. You will find it enormously rewarding when you sit back and burn your first, home grown buds. ;-)

Comment

Hi Jack,
        Everything you need to know is right here just scroll down to the Nutrient Discussion forum about what nutrients to use as for genetics you can check out the Seed Strains and Breading forum as for Hydro never done it I wouldn't know where to start your best bet it to go through the forums to find the info you need. I know from past scrolling through forums that you will be able to find one of these great Hydro growers here to help you with questions as well as find answers by taking the time and looking through the forums. By the way welcome Mate and hope you get all the advice you need. I would say it will take a little reading lol but it will actually be a lot of reading if you want all the right information.
        Last edited by DarkLotus760; 10-29-2014, 04:44 PM.

Comment

I have been doing a lot of reading DarkLotus, I just don't know who to believe. I know a lot of it has to do with me just going for it, and learning by mistake.
          But I'm a perfectionist, I don't like things out of place. I realize you might say growing isn't an exact science. However learning from people who made a ton of mistakes before me is how I can learn too. Thanks for the input much appreciated. Saturn I have a closet, and like a whole west wing of a house. I have to stay low key like uber low key.

Comment

fullbloomhydroponics

Is this a good grow box?
            Last edited by callmeJack; 10-30-2014, 05:33 AM. Reason: oops

Comment

Hey Jack,
              Just a heads up when you post links post as such hxxp:// honestly I forgot why I am kind of buzzing right now just finished burning some LA Confidential and kind of in a lock on the couch at the moment lol. Also the link you posted the Auto Yielder looks like a good set up but who am I to say that its a good box like I said I grow organically so you would need a Hydro growers thoughts on that cabinet it is cool that it comes with a beginners guide to growing Hydro. As for who to believe I feel you there but with cannabis growing it really is a trial and error experience and with hydro it is a bigger learning curve especially with nutrient in the res and Ph levels and all that crazy stuff. I personally grow organically so I don't have to spend the time always testing my water's Ph and all those processes that come with growing Hydro. Also as for someone that does hydro getting back to you it may take awhile because almost everyone here is on different time zones were a huge community of growers from all over the world Mate ranging from the U.K. all the ways to peeps In Aussie to the U.S peeps like myself.
              Last edited by DarkLotus760; 10-29-2014, 10:12 PM.

Comment

Welcome Jack

DarkLotus, Saturnalia and oleman have all given you great advice to read what is here, in all the different sections. I knew nothing when I started, didn't have too much on the internet back then neither, so it was trial and error my first few grows. Lots of us here to help you every step of the way now.

I did get onto utube and watched some videos, but basically learned from my mistakes. Growing over and over again is the best way to learn, you learn something new with every different strain you grow. That way when you run into a problem, you remember how to deal with it again.

Have the confidence, jump right in there, we're here for ya when you need to know anything. It's so much fun when you get underway, seeing your seeds start out, then their sprouts, then seedlings before you know it.

The feeling of seeing your plants grow from seed to harvest almost can't be beat, 4 real. When you get to a place you need to ask for advice, we'll be here 4 you, every time, so no worries. Do you know how to germinate your seeds???

As you can see, we all care about noob's, here. Wishing for you nothing but the best with your plants, Good Luck.

Last edited by Blaze4daze; 10-29-2014, 11:52 PM.

Comment

I need help with everything! :/

Comment

Howdy Jack - slo-han here, you might want to read up on ventilation and filters before you jump in. If you need to go stealth it's necessary to understand. If your closet is big enough and you don't need it for "stuff" then you can seal it up so you have no light leaks. Then you need to pick a light (your choice) Read up on them as well. I have three plants in a kiddy pool(that doesn't leak) under and HPS - 1kW. My first indoor grow was one bucket in a shower stall(in a motorhome) containing one girl scout cookie and it was under a CFL (2500) I Grew a plant that gave me a jar and a half of bud(quart jar). Read up and get your set up squared away - haint that hard he said! I would go for clones if you can - it's a bit faster. Just pick a plant and get yourself started - slo

Comment

Hey Tacopusher2,
                      Nice to have you here with us. What is it that you need help with? If your looking to grow these first question to ask you will help us direct you in a specific direction. The First question is -How do you plan to grow Hydro or Organically? After answering this question one of us on this site can give you more advice and which direction to point you in?

Comment

Working...
                      X