X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help please ! this is my first grow ever

hii everyone !
    this is my frist grow indoor
    i want grow 1 plant (sweet mango auto'F) and I need help pleeeeas.
    my grow room is small because i want grow just 1 plant (50 cm width × 80cm Length and 160cm height)
    It's wardrobe (I'm still working it)
    image url (it's big)
    http://im47.gulfup.com/GOSxqk.jpg

I want to know what is The amount of light Appropriate for just 1 plant (small plant) in Closet.
    how many lamp i need like this for :
    1-first week Starting the planting (The length of the plant 0cm up to 50cm )
    2- The rest of the grow....

Image of the lamp (36W CFL 6500K 240V 60 Hz)
    http://im88.gulfup.com/BzHgzI.jpg

In my opinion i will use 1 lamp for the frist week
    and 2 or 3 lamp for the rest and flowering phase
    photosystem which will use 18/6 = 18h ON and 6h OFF
    Anything else to help is good.....
    thanks for all Waiting for the replies.
    Have nice day

thunder-key

You'll need to look into the double socket bulb holders that you can pick~up at Home Depot and get at least 4 Clamp~on lamps that use those double sockets which will give you 2 6500 bulbs per 1 clamp~on lamp X 4, with a total of 8 bulbs for lighting that closet good enough to get anywhere near a good enough yield from one plant. That's how much light your 1 plant will need to give you a half~way decent yield.

And that's just for veg. The same number of 2700's you'll need for bloom. These types of lights just are not that powerful to grow with and you might want to look into better lighting if your going to continue to grow. Just my 2 cents. Best of Luck.

Comment

thank you for infos
      but I'm afraid that 8 lamps burning plant because it's just 1 plant and small grow room !

anyway i will finish the groow rom and test 1 lamp for view the lgiht and the force and Temp !
      thank Mod

Comment

thunder-key

Understand what your say'in, with 1 plant in that closet. Using CFL's to grow, it just takes alot of them to give you a decent yield.

8 x 36wts = 288watts using these bulbs
        (36W) CFL 6500K 240V 60 Hz) that you showed, compared to your 1, 36wt. I'm not sure, but I think the 6500's come in 200wts Don't really use CFL's, others here would know more.

Keeping that closet vented well, and if they make~em, you could use two of the 200wt 6500's that's 400wts of light, your sure to get a decent yield. Venting the hot air out will be a challenge, but it can be done 4 sure with good air circulation and out~take.

Growing with CFL's, I skipped and splurged on a 400wt HID when I started growing, had a small area like yours and kept good hot air out~take and did pretty good with 400 wts and 2 plants.

Looks like your going to have a nice little grow happening, would enjoy seeing more photos of your plant, as it grows, if you like. Best of Luck.

Comment

yes friend of course i will create a journal of my plant soon !
          Seeds are present received a few days ago from Green house seeds .
          In my country soil is not sold hhhh Take it from the fields only hhh !
          I have a big bag of soil and small bag of Natural manure .
          groo room not over yet .
          After a few days I'll start growing my first plant with 1 or 2 lamps only (32W or 42W) in the first weeks
          and after mouth i'll add 3 or 4 new lamps and in the flower phase i'll add 2 or 3 new lamps
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------
          One question please homie !
          For the pot !!!!
          Do I need to plant seeds directly in a large pot or planted in a small pot Firstly and after few weeks transform it into a larger pot ?
          What is the good size of the pot for plant ?
          and for the
          Natural manure !!!!
          DO i mix The Nature M with the soil in the beginning or after the plant grow slightly then add the Nature Manure near the plant ?

thank you for Your help bro seriously !

Comment

Autos you do not transfer just put it in the pot you are going finish with. 10 litre pots would be about right and with autos you need to give them as much light as possible from the off for best results. Add some perlite or coco to your soil for better aeration to the roots very important to have good drainage. Also you need to run your lights 18/6 or 20/4 some ppl run them 24/7 with autos but i like to give the plants a rest.
            Good luck on your grow and wishing you all the best.
            Last edited by kbag; 09-29-2014, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Thunder-key

Your seedling will definitely survive in a bigger container, it just won't grow as fast for the first few days or weeks because it is not getting as much oxygen.

With a bigger container, you will need to wait longer between waterings and during that time your plant roots will be getting reduced oxygen.

If you've planted your young plant in a large container, try to give only a little bit of water at a time (enough to wet the area around the seedlings roots) until the plant is growing vigorously. Once the plant has grown a few sets of leafs, you should start watering normally so that the water drains out the bottom.

Final container for plant size: General rule

12" 1~2 gallon container
              24" 2~4 gallon container
              36" 3~6 gallon container
              48" 4~8 gallon container
              60" 5~10 gallon container

I start my fem seedlings in small starter pots, reason being they all fit nicely under my veg light, till they grow big enough to be transplanted into their final container.

Also starting with a small container is that your young plant's roots thrive on oxygen. Cannabis plant roots "breath" oxygen, just like we breath air and it's important that young cannabis roots get plenty of oxygen so the plant can grow as fast as possible.

However, young plant roots do not drink much water yet. When you water seedlings in a very big container, they will use~up all the oxygen quickly and the large size of the container will prevent the growing medium from drying out.

A big plant will drink up all the water quickly, but the seedlings, you're basically waiting for the growing medium to dry out by itself. While your waiting for the container to dry out, your plant roots are sitting in a wet environment and not getting much oxygen, slowing down their growth.

Never used manure before, just a good potting soil and mixed in a few other ingredients to help with additional nitrogen, oxygen and better root development.
              Last edited by Blaze4daze; 09-29-2014, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Blaze i was editing my post and went down to make a coffee when i hit save i then see your post great post as normal. Thing is with autos they have a short life span and once started theres no stopping them. With a photoperiod plant you can top etc and veg longer as they recover, with most autos this is a big no no. This is my reason to say put them in the pot you are going finish them in as they have no time to recover from the shock of the transplant.
                Oh and Thank you Blaze for the pm it was much appreciated shame i could not pm back.

Comment

Thanks kbag, just now reviewed and saw he was going to grow an auto. Thanks for clarifying that for us. Good look'in out.
                  Last edited by Blaze4daze; 09-29-2014, 04:34 PM.

Comment

thanks friends !
                    I appreciate your help and your advice !
                    I think I grow in a 1 large pot (3 - 3.5 - 4 gallon) From start to finish !
                    More bulbs more yield (y)
                    For fertilizer I do not use it but for the soil Is big big big big problem because we dont have some soil for sold like Foxfarm .
                    and we dont have perlite

coco is that fruit ?? Coconut ??
                    for soil The only solution is taken from the field of agricultural !
                    is good if i mix the soil with some old Paper trees ??
                    is good if i mix the soil with some
                    Dry goat poo in the first ??

I have heard that ground coffee useful for soil , Do mixes with soil or just put it in the edge of the pot (The surface layer of the soil not Into the soil ) ????

sorry for the Many questions hhhh but There is a big difference between Morocco and the United States or other countries !
                    Good luck for all !
                    Have nice day and tanks for your help !
                    Last edited by thunder-key; 09-29-2014, 06:01 PM.

Comment

If you normally grow other veg then you should think about tomatoes and chillis. The same sort of soil and ferts will work OK with weed. Goat poo will be good for your plants but may be too strong for them when they are small and delicate. You could make some goat poo tea by soaking a sack of goat poo in a barrel od water for wa week or so. Dilute the resulting brew and feed it to your plants when they are strong and vigorous.
                      Paint the inside of the room white to help reflect the light back onto the plant. 1 X 38W bulb is a bit week for flowering. You will get flowers but they are likely to be light and airy. Try and get some more bulbs in there, or if possible, a bigger one. The more light you can get in, the bigger the yield. If it gets too hot, improve the ventilation in the room with fans.
                      And what KBag says - autos do not like being transferred. They don't have enough time to recover properly from the stress. In future, if you grow autos, plant them in their final pots straight away.
                      Good luck man. I hope it all works out for you.

Comment

thank you 'Schmokin' good advice !
                        Now i think I lack only one thing Specific soil mix !
                        for exmeple :
                        80% soil
                        10% Peeled tomatoes and chillis
                        10% Dead paper Trees .
                        ??% ... ?
                        after the plant grow up add :
                        some goat poo tea
                        and some Ground coffee....
                        this just exemple !
                        ----------------------
                        thanks again and good luck too bro & have nice day

Comment

if you expect to get a meaningful yield,you'll have to invest for a decent light fixture through the entire grow.
                          at least 125 actual watts will produce something that was worth your time and effort.
                          without a good lighting system and good air exchange you will get poor results regardless of whatever type of of soil or nutrients are used.
                          a kit like the one pictured will do a nice job.

Comment

Hey Thunder Key. I didn't mean put tomatoes and chilis in the soil! I meant that you should use similar soil and nutrients that you would use to grow tomatoes and chilis with to grow weed.
                            Is it possible for you to buy normal potting compost where you live, like you would for planting any type of plant?

Comment

I would suggest not buying cfl's/leds/or hid's. Get single 4 ft t5HO lamps 6 of them with 1 ati coral bulb - 1 true lumen BLue - 1 ati actinic - 2 6500k - 2 4100k bulbs each bulb is 54 watt so you will be pushing 300 watts of the best growing lights. you would hang them in each corner and each middle mix them up. you would want it to start at 12" from the floor. That would give you vertical lighting and your plants would never need more light. I want to make a cabinet like that. also you have to make sure to have air exchange bottom in top out. hope this helps. I dont want you doing what i did and waste allot of money of lights that are not gonna work right. here is 1 of my lights with 12 bulbs 648 watts t5HO. or you can do 2 duel and 2 single and put them in corners. hope this helps. Oh the ati bulbs will give you the best frost you have ever seen. SO do it right from the start bro. I say this cause i gave a cmh 400 to a friend as i am replacing my hid's with fluorescent fixtures.

Comment

Working...
                              X