New indoor grower needs a lot of help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New indoor grower needs a lot of help

I am a new grower and grow indoors under great grow lights. Some of my plants are doing great, but some of my smaller clones leaves are turning yellow. I was advised by the Hydrophonics store to use all peat moss to grow in. Is this why some of them are turning yellow? Also some leaves on other healthier plants are curling under. Do I have a bug problem? Please help!!

Welcome galebush

Can you get us a few photos to look at of your plants? This will help tremendously in helping you figure~out what's going on with them. Hard to say with~out photos. Also try to give as many details about your plants in question, like age, strains, stage of growth, nutrients your using, lighting and growing medium being used and equipment like circulating air fans your using too. The more info we get, the better we can help.

All these things determine what might be wrong with your plants and give us a better understanding of what the situation is. Photos really help alot, so try to get at least 4 photos up, first off, ok? We'll be here when you get back, no worries.

Comment

Hi gale,
      I am new here to growing indoors myself and going to start my first indoor grow I will be honest I don't know much about growing indoors but have read a lot about plant problems some main questions for anybody on here is 1). How are you growing hydro or soil? If you are growing hydro check out the hydro forum there are a lot of good tips there as well as grow diaries. 2). If your growing with soil from what I seen so far Blaze he is the guy for indoor soil use as well as Nute they will be able to help you find out what is your problem they have been helpful with my questions. Also give it two or three days for a response. Also have you checked your PH levels ~If you're growing in soil, aim for a root pH between 6.5 - 7.0. In hydroponic grows including growing in inert mediums like coco coir try and aim for a root pH between 5.5-6.5. Also do you know the strain your growing because for different strains there are different issues also from all my research I have found out that if leaves curl under that it could be a PH problem or could be a over watering problem and if not that it could be Nitrogen Toxicity.
      ~Signs of Nitrogen Toxicity
      Dark green leaves and foliage
      Leaf tips may turn down, without signs of overwatering.
      You may notice yellowing on the affected leaves or other signs of nutrient deficiencies as time goes on
      Nitrogen toxicity is often but not always accompanied by nutrient burn
      The Claw often seems random, affecting leaves here and there
      Heat and pH problems will make the clawing worse, as they stress out the plant and lower her defenses
      As time goes on, the claw leaves will eventually start turning yellow, getting spots, and dying
      The Solution to Nitrogen Toxicity is to reduce the amount of nitrogen that is being fed to the plants. If you are feeding extra nutrients, cut down. If you are in the flowering / budding stage, make sure you're using a formula that's specifically meant for flowering, or else it will have too much nitrogen. If you are not feeding extra nutrients, you may have "hot" soil that has been supplementing with extra nutrients. In that case, flush your plants with filtered, pH'ed water to help leech out the extra nitrogen also effected leaves from what I have read will likely not recover but you should stop seeing the problem spread anymore on your plant.
      Hope this information helps you find out what your problem is
      Last edited by DarkLotus760; 09-27-2014, 06:53 AM.

Comment

Hey everybody, I'm new to all this. I live in northern maine and have a medical card. i am not finding any friends or generous folk up here and am simply trying to find some guaranteed fem seeds or some clones. please help if you can

Comment

Hi Mush.
          I would say that you can use Google and type in feminized cannabis seeds and you should be able to find some good fem seeds.

Comment

Working...
          X