starting over

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starting over

Well we determined that all my plants were male soooooo we pulled them made some butter and started 6 seedlings of some feminized auto flowering strain..... the first batch was my first try at growing so I used the freebies...... My main question is....... we pulled the males out over a week ago...... vacuumed the floors and changed out the cups.... we are hydroponics indoors wick reservoir system in a 2x4 ft closet. Is there a chance of any of the pollen from the previous males plants still flying around the room? Will it fertilize my females? what do I have to do to ensure this will not happen?

One question, did any of the male flowers open on those plants? If so, you need to wash walls and floors with a spray of bleach and water. That's what I have done in the past. If the flowers have not opened you are good to go. Hope this helps, Mega

Comment

Like Mega nute said, as long as the flowers didn't open, you wont have any problems. If even one did (or you aren't sure), you should thoroughly clean the grow area.

That said, I have never had a crop become pollinated by the last crops pollen... even in a "pollination room". There is generally about 2 months between crops in my pollination area, so my assumption is that any pollen present (which is undoubtedly substantial) loses viability by the time the room is used again.

THAT being said, it is always better to be safe than sorry. At first I cleaned everything all the time, then I lost focus and started getting sloppy. After a while of that I realized if I am going to do it I should do it right... so now I do.

Comment

thank you for the info....... i think only one opened so i will b washing walls.

Comment

Working...
        X