9th week of flower,.. getting bananas on buds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9th week of flower,.. getting bananas on buds

Hello everyone,.. I need some advice on which option is best,.. my plant is in 9th week of flower and yesterday I noticed a tiny banana on one of the buds,.. I pulled her out of the flower room and took her outside for better viewing,.. and noticed several bananas on several buds,.. I lightly misted buds with water and plucked bananas with tweezers,.. but I'm sure their are some I missed or some inside the buds.
    She's close to finishing trichomes are mostly milky/cloudy,.. and 50-70% of white hairs have darkened,.. I wanted to wait till trichomes turn amber perhaps two more weeks to harvest.
    Does anyone know how long in days/weeks it takes for the bananas to drop pollen after they start forming,.. would it be worth trying to go two more weeks,.. or would it be better not to risk having pollen blowing around in my flower area which would be hard to clean up,.. I'm leaning towards harvesting today.
    Thanks in advance for any advice.
    Last edited by Braegnok; 06-15-2014, 12:35 PM.

Do you have a steady seed supply? Sounds like a hermie problem and for that I'm not sure there is a cure other then pulling it - Not what you wanted to hear but I have gone thru the same. First I was pissed, but it smoked alright so.................my 2 cents - slo

Comment

I wouldnt use any seeds from a hermie plant cause they too will turn out to be an hermie plant or grow all fucked up and be of no use and just a waste of time and effort. If most of your trichs are cloudy at least then i'd pull her and harvest that bitch. Then at least you'll have some smoke while the rest matures properly.

Comment

@braenok.. Firstly my friend, don't worry.. It's NOT your plant turning hermie at all. All it is,is the plant telling you its reached its peak. It's an indication of ripeness that's all. Of course these little bananas carry pollen and can /will pollinate any bud that the pollen comes in contact with. But because you're very very near to harvest any accidental pollination will not have the time to produce viable seeds. So,to summarise, pull them off by all means, but don't worry your plants are not hermmies, so enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Comment

Thanks everyone!,.. I gave her an 15-gal Epsom salt/magnesium sulfate flush last week,.. been using organic nuets but wanted to do a good cleansing before harvest,.. I just got home from work and was ready to pluck bananas,.. but decided to get ready to enjoy the fruits of my labor,.. and harvested
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Braegnok; 06-18-2014, 11:00 PM.

Comment

Hermophodite plants are caused by stressed out plants. Marijuana will eventually go to seed but by then the seeds do not have enough time to mature and over take the plant and and make the plant pretty much useless. It happened in my last grow kinda freaked me out but it was all good as it was time to bring her down. I almost wanted to let it go another week to get some mature seeds but i needed the weed more lol.

Comment

It freaked me out seeing her growing pollen sacks,.. and wanting to go two or three more weeks,.. till 60% amber,.. but she was a bag seed and I had know clue what strain or how many weeks flower time she would need,.. it was a good first grow harvest lots of 4-gram buds,.. going into masson jars in a few more days to cure,.. then the smoke test,.. lol
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Braegnok; 06-20-2014, 04:41 PM.

Comment

herms are more to do with bad genetics more than anything,a true hermaphrodite will usually show early when flowering is forced with both true male as well as female flowers on the same plant,,,like greengrower has said,the plant merely went into a self preservation mode at peak ripeness and popped some rods.
                soma(soma seeds) use's ripe stressing to produce pollen for female seed.

Comment

Got a Grape Ape clone going now,.. took cutting from near the top of mother not knowing lower nods have more rooting hormones,.. but she is doing fine,..

Comment

Working...
                  X