setting up my first grow room any advise much aprechated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setting up my first grow room any advise much aprechated

hi,everyone im a new member, i joined as im setting up my first growroom and want as much info as posible!!!Ive grow dope for years outdoors but have only a basic skills when it comes to Hydro,if anyone could give me some advise it would b much apprechated! for starters my room is about 2m wide by 3m long by 2m high, not a great deal of space i no im thinking 3 to 4 plants? planing to grow in a 3 part mix off the terocoter balls,perlite,cant think of the 3rd but im sure u no the stuff i mean with a continious flow drip wartering system pumped from a storage tank and recycled. i have 3 lights 2 400 watt HIDs and a 600 watt!! for the space i have i wouldnt think ide need any more than two 400s,i have a large exuast fan in the top corner sucking out and a small one sucking in,im thinking i may need more air coming in? i also have a fan inside the room to get as much air movment as posible as im expecting to have probs with moisture,humidity as the room is under a house in a garage in large storms or a few days of rair it gets abit wet,i have put down some pallets to keep everything up off the ground plus lined the floor and around 1 foot of the walls in plastic to combat mould!! thats about the extent of my room so far,any advise as to anything else i will need,how many watts, how much a it will increase my power bill? ideas on how to combat the mould and humidity probs,lights,nutrents, broadspeactrem or change bulb for buding,are terocoter peises just as good as the balls as they r much cheaper and im trying to keep csts as low as posible!!! and any other relevent info would b great!! thanks!!

my mrs just pointed out that i cant spell!!! which im well aware off,my apoligies!

Is this why ive had no replys? im surprised at the overall lack of replys to threads,i see threads veiwed 1000s of times with no replys! please people any advice will help, as stated im extremely interested in the a estirmated price per month with the size of my setup im thinking 1000watts to 1500watts max!im trying to keep cost as low as posible without being cheap!
    shouldnt b any spelling mistakes as the mrs has been spell cheacking over my shoulder whilst watching some crappy sidcom,and smoking all the green!!! which is why ive decided on the setup
    PLEASE GUYS SHARE YOUR IDEAS, HINTS, TIPS, WILL B APPRECIATED CHEERS

Comment

Hi injected.
      To work out the price of your grow you need to have a look at the unit price on your electricity bill. This is worked out in kilowatt hours (the price of running a 1 kw appliance for one hour) so if, for example your kw/h price was 10cents, a 1000watt light would cost 10 cents per hour to run.
      If you are going to run the two 400w bulbs these will cost the kw/h price X 0.4 each per hour. You then just multiply it up for 18 hours per day (or whatever light cycles you are running). Don't forget to add a bit in for fans and pumps as well.
      I did this when I had my first set up because I was worried about big bills, but it never happened. The bottom line for me is that it is not as expensive as you think.
      You could always consider LED grow lights as they are much cheaper to run, but seeing as you already have the lamps, I wouldn't bother.
      Hope that helps a bit.

Comment

hi

i am also new to this and dont know anything realy and am investing in a tent set up aswell but from what i have bean readying in the last 2 days or so you would fix alot of your isue's by useing led grow lights they are better in every way imo the power you use is about 10-30 % of what you would use with your lights ect and you have to concider with a set up like that imo it would look a little sus at the power station might get you caught not only that you can have them closer to your plants and they grow even faster some strains i read can do in 2 months what is perfect for me because i have a house inspecion every 3 months also police chopers these days can pick up a heat signature from a hydo set up verry easy so i myself will be useing leds because getting caught isnt a option for me

In a traditional HID up to 95% of energy is wasted as heat radiation whereas LEDs run relatively cool. With LEDs it is possible to place the light source very close to the plants, usually around 12-18 inches, helping prevent ‘stretch’ and directing the light exactly where it’s needed.
        (from another part of this site)

there is alot of usefull stuff on this site just look around btw i am getting a light like yours to start cheap from a friend but i will be investing in a led light as soon as possible they arnt the pricey to have a look on ebay

Comment

Originally posted by injected View Post
          Is this why ive had no replys? im surprised at the overall lack of replys to threads,i see threads veiwed 1000s of times with no replys! please people any advice will help, as stated im extremely interested in the a estirmated price per month with the size of my setup im thinking 1000watts to 1500watts max!im trying to keep cost as low as posible without being cheap!
          shouldnt b any spelling mistakes as the mrs has been spell cheacking over my shoulder whilst watching some crappy sidcom,and smoking all the green!!! which is why ive decided on the setup
          PLEASE GUYS SHARE YOUR IDEAS, HINTS, TIPS, WILL B APPRECIATED CHEERS
          YOU spelled "cheacking" wrong lol... its checking....... anyways for a 3ft x 3ft area u only need a 400 watt metal halide bulb for veg....and high pressure sodium bulb for budding....for veg set your timers to 18 hrs on and 6 hrs off and for budding your timers should be set to 12hrs on and 12 off

Comment

$$$

Sounds like your ready to go. Yes, lots of light. I ran a 400 and a 600watt $48 per month total but then you'll have all the other cost to submit. And we have decide to not collect any of your cost until you have at least 3 harvest under your room. Then we'll take the next three harvest and add everything up for your average cost per gram. You'll need the first three grows just to get the kinks out... do I want to control humidity, carbon monoxide, and all the other things people will tell you that will make your yield bigger and better....
            But then you might just settle down and grow some first, then think about all that cost later at least 10 months from now any way....

Comment

With my 400wt, and 600wt HID lights, and the most I ever paid, on my electric bill was around 100.00$ a month, and that also included a 9 inch exhaust fan, 2 double socket~ed side CFL's, with 2, 16 inch air movement fans, and 2 small space heaters, and music playing, all in, 2 grow area's, and that bill was for the dead of winter, with 3 feet of snow, on the ground, here in the mountains, at 5000 ft.

A little less as the weather warmed up. and the space heaters were not necessary.
              Last edited by Blaze4daze; 06-28-2013, 02:13 PM.

Comment

What you have is also known as an ionizer. It produces O3 ions which are ozone molecules.
                Most people (smokers and indoor pet owners especially) use these as room air fresheners to eliminate airborne odors. You could probably use to hyper-ionize water simply by running an aeration pump in a bucket of water next to the unit. I'm not sure what that will do, but they say ions dissolved in water are good for plants.

If anything, it will help keep the smell down which will in turn keep nosey noses away!
                Last edited by Blaze4daze; 01-01-2015, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X