Looking for a grow master...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a grow master...

My name is Dr. Kim and I have medical marijuana prescription centers in Toronto. I am seeking advice on how to set up a grow room that is 20' x 40' feet for maximum efficiency for flowering only. It is a legal commercial grow operation and there will be approximately 20 flowering pods. Also looking for a master grower to help set things up. Can anybody help?

Is that the maximum number of 20 that you are allowed to grow? If not, you can put more in for that amount of space i am thinking.

Comment

Man, that's a lot of space for just 20 plants, why for just flowering??
      Mike

Comment

Welcome Dr. Kim

Thinking a flowering pod is an area of several plants, not just one plant. If so it would depend on how many plants you plan for each individual pod and the max limit of plants or square feet of plants (your license allows), first off.

Without that info it would be dang near impossible to advise you any further, but

A 20'x 40' area = 800 sq.ft. You could effectively flower 4 plants in a 4x4 area with 1 good light for each 4x4 area. A 4x4 area = 16 square feet x 40 (4x4 area's) would = 640 square feet, with would give you (160 flowering plants) and just enough extra space to get thru and around each pod or 4x4 area, to tend to each plant if you placed them effectively, in that 20'x 40'grow room, would be my estimation for (max) usage of your described area.

That would require at least 40 lights for real decent yields of 160 (flowering) plants, 1 light per 4 plants. Have you decided on what type of lighting your going to use yet?? LED's would not require as much electric usage (=$) and all of the venting materials and hot air exhaust systems (=$) needed to remove all the hot air that HID lighting would produce, but would cost a~bit more $ at start~up for lighting, but saving $ on not buying all of the venting materials and hot air exhaust systems to vent that big of an area, might work out the same amount of money, or close to it.

I know that sounds like a grip of lights, but to best utilize the space you have and supply those prescription centers, your commercial grow operation will need to invest big in lighting, to achieve better than average yields, if your going to be successful and keep returning customers happy, with quality inventory. More light = Many big buds.

I have grown 4 plants in a 4x4 area and used 1, 400wt. LED light with good results, but would not try to cover more area than 4'x4' with more plants using just 1 light, my yields for each plant would suffer doing so.

Over a period of time, LED lighting would end up paying for itself with lower electric usage rather than using HID lights and again, using LED's would also save you more money not paying for venting materials and hot air exhaust systems needed for HID lighting too. Hope this helps some. Best of Luck to ya.
        Last edited by Blaze4daze; 11-29-2014, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X