Veg vs Flower Space

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veg vs Flower Space

I have been growing in the flowering stage for almost a year now. I have been getting plants ready for flower from a dispensary. I want to start vegging my own so I can mainline multiple colas and shape how I want them to grow. Are the lighting parameters the same in the veg stage as in the flower? I usually grow 4 plants under a 1000 watt HPS lamp in a 4x4 tent that yields just about a pound cured. Should I stay true to the 4x4 1000 watt for only 4 plants in veg as well? Or can I utilize more space and veg more under the same light and space?
    Last edited by GoodGuy; 10-08-2014, 08:25 AM. Reason: Added tags

I ran a lot of hydros in rockwool for a few years... 1000 watts for vegging most of the time, over two 4x6 flood trays draining into resevoirs... the plants on the veg side would start to get crowded if you had more than one per square foot of tray with 6 inch blocks... under the bud side, 9 to 12 plants in 4 x 4 setups under each 1000 watt light... Just remember, veg side gets at least 18 hours of light if not more... On the bud side, 9 seemed to be optimul, 12 if it was a short or quick strain, 12 got crowded with taller plants...

Comment

1000 watts should get you around 2lbs in a 4x4. its not about allot of plants but about mature 3' tall plants that have been cut down 2 times to keep 3'. then 4 plants wich end up with 6-8 tops each end up yielding 6-10 oz per plant. i am doing a super 600 and a 400 cmh with 6 plants in a 5' x 4' area and i will pull 2 lbs with the 1000 watts. but mine are also 6'7" tall now. dont do the little plants if you want to grow decent crops. instead lower the plant amount and get them trained and bigger/bushier. The thicker stems means bigger yield without loosing quality. SOG is cool but its not for us who are trying to grow our own. Look at 90% of the threads from experienced growers. they grow for yield and quality. Remember to try diff ways and have fun grower.

Comment

Thanks guys. Dc420 that is why I want to start vegging my own. The collective I get from doesnt veg the way I would. I think I can get a larger yield by mainlining into 8 colas per plant with 3 - 4 plants under the 1000 watt light in flower. I'm in the process of trying to figure out space issues. So if I can veg a higher number of plants in the 4x4 under a 1000 watt light then move them to proper flowering lighting in a 4 x8 without losing size, it would be perfect.

Comment

When I read that back it sounds confusing. This is what I want to do: veg 8 plants in a 4x4 under a 1000 watt mh. Then move them to a 4x8 under 2 1000 watt HPS lights. Will I get the same yield as if I were to veg them in the same environment as the flower stage, using mh instead of hps?

Comment

If you need to use 1 light with Mh in flower area till they are ready then change the builb and move them around till you have even spacing and turn both lights on. as they veg you might have to use both lights if they get big enough. you will know if they dont have enough light. I think you are on the right track.

Comment

Working...
            X