here is my set up.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• here is my set up.

the left is my veg room and the right is the bloom room.  I am having so much fun with my "hobby".i have the same lights in both rooms.  I have learned and seen that it does make a difference.  My first plants put in there are ready to havest  and the buds are so tiny.  I am really disappointed.  BUT my nephew came over last night and is bringing me a 1000w light of some kind.  lol im new.  having fun in my basement.  my husband calls in my lol man cave.. im a girl so I prefer my play room ;o) hap

super stoked. I had a friend of a friend come over last night. He has a relative that owns/runs a medical farm in California and he gave me so many helpful tips... and also gave me a 400w lighting system. now I can wait to see my girls flourish

Comment

• thegreengrower
      thegreengrower commented
      Editing a comment
      You will definitely see the difference in growth with your new lights. Get it set up and running asap. The sooner the better.

we set it up last night. I cant believe how bright it is. I was told I need to transplant my girls they are in too small of pots. so im off to the basement. ;o)

Comment

• thegreengrower
      thegreengrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice one.
      Yea the bigger the pots are the more the roots can grow. And the bigger the root system is then the bigger the yield.. Again a lot of people think that it's the nutrients we feed the plants is what makes them grow.. False.. It's the LIGHT that's the actual food the plants require. The better quality light you have, the more your plants will love you for feeding them.
      And I bet your plants are loving you right now.

• thegreengrower
      thegreengrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Also remember froggy that the HPS lights will give off a lot more heat than your previous lighting system. Have your fan set up so that it's blowing at the canopy level, between the light and top of plants. To check whether it's too hot at canopy level,, place the back of your hand over the plant top,, if it's hot on the back of hand then it's too hot for the plant. If this is the case then you'll need to raise them until it feels comfortable.
      Start at a distance. ( between lights and canopy level) of around 30inch and adjust accordingly.

when my nephew seen my plants he says... NENA we have to fix these.. I thought they were little but still ok.. and he went on and on about the light being there food. im excited to see the difference... how long you think it will take for me to notice a change in my happy campers

Comment

• thegreengrower
      thegreengrower commented
      Editing a comment
      It won't be that long before you see the difference, a few days. That's all.

thanks green. I actually have the light mounted to the ceiling. my plants were on a table about half way up. after I transplanted them into bigger pots I was worried the table I had them on wouldn't hold the weight so I put them on the floor. the lights are 47in above the tallest plant
    Last edited by froggy; 06-02-2014, 04:20 PM.

Comment

In my opinion you would be better off getting the plants as close as you can without burning them the plant will stretch for the light and land up unneccesarily "leggy"....
      the plants will naturally blow up when changed to 12/12 my last crop the plants literally tripled in size the last thing you want is to run out of room to the extent where you have to tie the tops out of the way making it difficult to move the pots which i find helpful
      best of luck bud

Comment

Working...
      X