need help!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help!

i have 7 plants under a 1000 watt hps light setup. hps doesn't have blue spectrum. if I purchase the blue spectrum reflective linning will it produce enough blue spectrum that the plants desire?
    Last edited by Mr.McSmokey420; 01-30-2015, 06:59 PM.

No i would not think so on that. And from reading in other places that type of lining reflects back more heat then say mylar or white paint. If you're wanting more blue spectrum i would say just get another light that has the blue in it. Unless that will bugger up the temps inside the room.

Comment

Why not just get a dual spectrum bulb they work very well.

Comment

My ballast only runs 1000 watt hps. The plants are doing awesome. They are absolutely beautiful. But thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi Mr McS. Welcome to the forum.
          Although extra blue will promote veg growth, you can grow full cycle with HPS. Have seen it done lots of times. I think if you take a look at some of the dual spectrum bulbs you will find that they are actually HPS and suitable for your ballast. These will giove you more blue end and promote the veg period, but not 100% necessary. It will work anyway. As you say, your plants are doing awesome. Listen to them

Let us know how you get on.

Comment

Ditto what Saturnalia said! Mega!

Comment

Working...
            X