Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED OR HPS. This is Question!

hi everyone!!

i read lots about the light for plants. and i steel confused that which can be better for quality and volume of yield.
    i dont know how many of this lights is enough for a room 5*5 meter. because if Electric bill become very much and Unusual for a house i have The risk of being arrested.

now please help me which one of this is better. and if hps is the one, how many of that i need for calculate the bill.

and forgive me for my bad english this is not my first language!

P

P-Grower

Your english is pretty good for a second language. Totally understand what you writing, good job there.

LED's will save you money in the long run, if you keep a flat canopy by growth training your plants, there are several ways to accomplish this, by topping, femming and pinching your plants in the vegetative cycle to keep all the tops of the plants at the same height.

HID lighting requires two different growth bulbs, MH and HPS and can be pricy running them on the electric bill and can keep your grow room temperatures too high if not vented properly.

Both are very good at giving good yields if used correctly and both if not filtered before venting that hot air out, can be detected by neighbors, so you really have to be careful and use a carbon filter to mask the smell being released during the last part of the vegetative cycle and thru the entire flowering cycle.

Mostly depends on you experience in growing and if your comfortable with growth training your plants. Lots to read here in the forum about growth training, you just have to click thru the sections and you'll find out more, Best of Luck to ya.

Comment

Welcome to the forum. I'm new here too, but have 40 years of growing expertise under my green belt.
      One 600w MH PHOSPHOR coated, would be adequate for the area of free space you have.
      It will take you through a good veg cycle and then just switch the light regimen to 12/12 hours of darkness and grow yourself some awesome buds and colas. Or veg with a 400w MH, and then go into flower with a 600w HPS. As those new digital ballasts are the balls, and take most new HID bulbs.

I am now using a CLW SolarStorm 880 LED panel and really loving it. But it does have a few draw backs, not including the high price tag. They weigh 32lbs, so it does need special care in hanging. The light, although extremely bright, will only penetrate the canopy so far. I'm finding that my bigger plants need to be turned 180*, just to light the back sides, or the leaves turn yellow, as if in the darkness.
      If I had all of my plants, directly under this SS880, all would be fine. But I have a few too many in 2'x4' root trays, and no where to put the overflow. Such is life, and nothing to complain about. Growing these herbs is work intensive, and the more time you spend around them, the bigger and healthier they can grow. Especially if all parameters of Mother Nature are being met adequately. ;-)

Have a very Merry Christmas every one...

Dr.Chas-THC
      Last edited by Dr.Chas-THC; 12-24-2014, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X