Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24/7 for light?

On running mine 20/4 thoughts?

Why would you do that? Where in this world is there 24/7 of daylight? No where!!! And your electric bill will be higher, and your lights life will drop dramatically plus its power. Plants need at least 6 hours of darkness in my opinion.

Comment

I half to agree with Katzie 18/6 is what I run. Mega nute

Comment

I tried 24/0 once and saw no difference in yield, so now I run 18/6 or 19/5. Lowers bills and gives the girls a chance to rest. Plants have evolved in total connection to the light cycle. We know how they use sunlight, it makes sense that they have evolved to benefit from a period of darkness too.

Comment

I'm having a time of it trying to get my mentor to think like that. He is quite into 24 hr until 12/12. He claims a heavier yield and I think a plant that gets a break has time to do it's thing. I have never done 24 ever. What to do, what to do - I try to keep an open mind on issues like this but see value in a plant getting a break. Slo-

Comment

thx for your in put i will change mine !! i love reading the stuff on here its such a big help!! i reposted the question didnt think it was on here !! but there is lil more
            detail about my room!!! question i dont have no good stores around here to by any good nutrients !lows and basic stores ! any suggestions!!

Comment

After doing some calculating - 24 on for 2 months or using 18 on for three months pretty much comes to about the same on my calculator. I am building a room and hope to be ready after Christmas for a diary grow. It will be 24 on. Nobody likes change but I'm hearing a lot from production growers and they are switching over to this technique. When I get it up and running we will all see what up. Our plan is to start with clones and go for it - more at eleven - slo!

Comment

I run 24/7 with a dimmer system for 12... I call it the Alaska treatment... because yes indeed, in Alaska, they get 24 hours of light during the summer. Though at night it is considerably less, it is still light... They get to rest when they transition and go into flower. Plus, no timer to worry about... just ON... right now I have one whole room that stays lit up 24/7 and any plants that I want to flower, just go to a dark closet for 12 hours a night.... right now I have 3 in flower. Durring the summer, I will just move plants into natural light as the days reach about 10 hours... that will trigger flowering, then by the time they finish, natural light should only be about 13 or 14 hours... not enough to change them back at that point. then put some others out andlet them finish with the season.... I really have no plan to run a flowering room as I can go to my windows or outside, being legal now... So my gro is dedicated to veg growth... 24/7

Comment

Good stuff coconut - just because this world rotates doesn't mean we have to. I'm finding that the growth of 2 months on 24hrs pretty much equals the growth of 3 months with 16 hrs on or 18 so don't get it when it is stated the bulb wont last long - 500 hrs is 500 hrs weather it be on 24 or 16. My knowledge of electricity isn't much but turning a bulb on and off sure puts some wear and tear on it. The plants needs rest it is stated and I agree - when you go 12/12. Usually you don't need to go 2 months with 24 and I am finding out that for a production grow it works well. I call myself a rookie but I've been around this plant for a long time and have seen some strange stuff. To each his own but keep an open mind - once upon a time the best way to travel was with a horse - slo

Comment

Working...
                  X