Thinking about led

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking about led

Does anyone know about Mars II led lights 1600W? I'm considering making a purchase but i would like to have some experienced advice. I don't want to use my 1000 watt hps cause i live in an apt. I'm using 200 w. cfl's with cheap and good results but i would like to upgrade for something better.

Hi Mless,
    I can say that I have heard a lot of people give props to the Mars @ L.E.D. light we actually have a few people on here that are currently growing with the Mars 2 900 watt L.E.D. system and his plants looks really good. I would say as for advice check out the L.E.D. section here if you haven't already but like I said the Mars 2 L.E.D. light's from other sites and places on the net that I have ready have given good results with Mars L.E.D. lights just remember when running L.E.D lights with 5 watt bulbs instead of 3 watt bulbs run hotter and in an apt. I don't know how much room you have to work with so just a heads up on heating. IMO I think the Mars lights are good and have even been watching the bay to see if I can get one at a decent price.

Comment

Welcome Mless, hope you get the answers you need. I have recently bought 2 of the sk450's from our sponsor . This is new to me also. I have learned that you must have and even canopy for good production and weight. The idea is to have as many blooming sites as possible in your canopy area. I had a good harvest and was pleased with my returns. Hope this helps! Mega nute

Comment

Welcome Mless, I run the Mars reflector lights, 2 450Ws and a 600W. I went with the reflector models because if you compare them to the regular lights they produce, these will be much brighter and the coverage area is greater and use less energy doing it. Good luck with your decision. Mike

Comment

Hi Mless, just had a quick look and it looks like a hummdinger of a light. Good price too. It says the actual draw is about 730W. This is a powerful light. I guess the heat might be a bit more than the Spectrum King LEDs I use. It's quite an upgrade from your 200W cfls. How many of those do you currently use? How much weed do you want to produce?

Comment

I am doing my first grow with a mars hydro 2 900w and i am overall pleased with it so far. The only real short fall with it so far is the coverage, they say 4ft for veg 3ft 6" for flower personally i would say 3ft seems to be its optimum coverage. Saying this i would love to try 2 in my 1.5m x 1.5m grow area i think they would kick arse.
            I have also heard that the quality of the smoke is better grown under a led how to true this is i am hopefully going to find out at the end of my grow.

Comment

Working...
            X