First Diary With HTGM ;-)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Diary With HTGM ;-)

So this will be my first grow diary on here with this set up I am using, I am use to growing out side and indoors is going to be my first try at it. I have done about a year and a half or reading and research and am ready to do this so here we go.
    - Set Up
    -2 700 Watt Apollo GL140 x5 Full Spectrum Led Grow Lights
    -4x4x7 Apollo Grow Tent
    - Ventec 6' Inline fan / Carbon filter

Seeds
    Royal Queen Seeds
    Easy Bud
    • THC 12%
    • CBD Low
    • Yield Indoor 275-325gr m2
    • Yield Outdoor 115-165 grams per plant dried
    • Height Indoor 50 - 60 cm
    • Height Outdoor 60 - 110 cm
    • Flowering time 5-7 weeks
    • Harvest month 8-9 weeks after sprouting
    • Genetic Background White Indica x Ruderalis
    • Type Sativa: 15% Indica: 55% Ruderalis: 30%
    • Effect Physical

Barneys Farms
    Pineapple Express Auto
    I took everything from there site and pasted it here

Barneys Farm - Pineapple express AF seeds are feminized seeds that only produce female plants.
    Genetics: Ruderalis x Indica
    Barneys Farm - Pineapple express AF contains the following genes: Ruderalis x Indica.
    Flowering: Auto-Flowering
    Barneys Farm - Pineapple express AF is an auto flower type that flowers immediately after
    Yield: 300 - 400 grams per m2
    The yield of Barneys Farm - Pineapple express AF is about 300 - 400 grams per m2.
    Produces an impressive 80 to 100 grams per plant of delicious earthy Indica.
    Climate : Hot, Temperate and Cool
    Barneys Farm - Pineapple express AF is suitable for the following climates: Hot, Temperate and Cool.
    Type: Indoor, Outdoor and Greenhouse
    Barneys Farm - Pineapple express AF is suitable for growing: Indoor, Outdoor and Greenhouse.
    High: Mild stoned
    Barneys Farm - Pineapple express AF gives a ’Mild stoned’ effect.
    Height: 50 - 100 cm
    Barneys Farm - Pineapple express AF grows into about 50 - 100 cm plants.
    Medical: Low THC / High CBD
    Barneys Farm - Pineapple express AF is a strain with low THC and high CBD strength.

Grow Mediumis a mix that is a water only recipe that I got from a friend named Burn1

6 parts Pro Mix BX or HP
    2 parts perlite
    2 parts earthworm castings
    Powdered (NOT PELLETIZED) dolomite lime @ 2 tablespoons per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of the soilless mix.

If you use a 3 qt. saucepan as “parts” in the amounts given above, it equals about 1 cu. ft. of soilless mix and you can just dump in a cup of powdered dolomite lime.
    But, a "part" can be anything from a tablespoon to a five gallon bucket. Just use the same item for all of the "parts".

Organic Plant Food Recipes

RECIPE for Organic Soil
    If you want to use organic nutes like blood, bone and kelp...
    Dry Ferts:
    1 tablespoon blood meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
    2 tablespoons bone meal per gallon or 1 cup per cubic foot of soil mix
    1-tablespoon kelp meal per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of soil mix or Maxicrop 1-0-4 powdered kelp extract as directed
    (Optional)1 tablespoon per gallon or 1/2 cup per cubic foot of Jersey Greensand to supplement the K (potassium) in the Kelp Meal and seaweed extract.

Mix all the dry ferts into the soilless mix well and wet it, but don't soak it with Liquid Karma and water @ 1 tbs./gal. Stir and mix it a few times a week for a week or two so the bacteria can get oxygen and break down the bone meal and make it available. And don't let the mix dry out, keep it moist and add water as needed. It'll also have time to get the humic acids in the Liquid Karma going and the dolomite lime will be better able to adjust the pH of a peat based mixture too. With this recipe, all you need to do is add plain water until harvest.

Ok so I used this recipe it has been used by many others and is a proven plus it is a water only recipe. Also not for seedling younger than 2 weeks old but my soil is in the finally days of sitting and than it will be ready. Well looked through all my seeds and picked a few easy packs of autos that I have grown before and will let me see how this soil really performs so I can dial it in because I have some fem photos pineapple chunk, royal caramel, and Exodus cheese( Clone Yum)that I want to try once this soil is proven. I germinated 3 Auto Easy Bud from Royal Queen Seeds and 1 Auto Pineapple Express from Barneys farms Shout out to the Admin and Barneys for the beans but once tap root was seen all were put into a Jiffy peat plug where they are now until it brakes ground which by than the soil I mixed will have set for 3 weeks I let it set for 1 extra week just to be sure everything was cooked properly but once the seedling brakes ground and start to establish roots I am going to fill my 5 gallon smart pots full with my mix and dig the centers out and fill with plain mix no amenities and set and bury my peat plug up to the first set of leaves this will allow for my plant to use the nutrients in the cotyledons or first set of leaves sprouted well allowing the taproot to find its way into the nutrient rich soil and take up what it needs until harvest time with a just only water regimen and EWC/ molasses teas just to keep up the micro herds in my soil. Also forgot to mention that I will be using the free sun as well just until the smell is noticeable than to the tent full time until harvest.
    My soil still conditioning
    Last edited by DarkLotus760; 03-13-2015, 05:33 AM.

I think Auto,s are great way to start growing indoors. That Exodus cheese will stink to high heaven so when you do grow it make sure you have good odour control in place Darklotus.
    I wish you all the best on your first endeavour indoors, just be mindful of bugs bringing them in from outdoors to flower there is no natural predators in a tent to keep under control.

Comment

• DarkLotus760
      DarkLotus760 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Kbag,
      I got me a VenTech IF6CF620 6" Inline Duct Fan 440 CFM w/ Virgin Charcoal Carbon Filter Combo to make sure that I got my filtration covered plus the negative air so that everything is good but thanks for the advice I been checking out that Exodus Cheese man nothing but good review about it think I am going to take me a clone or two of it been reading that it was a clone only plant but that recently it has been bred for seeds but depending on how good it is might make me a mother and keep me some cheese around.

All the best DarkLotus. I will be interested to see this. I enjoy your posts and admire your thorough approach to research.
    The smell shouldn't get too strong until towards the end of flowering, so make the most of that free sun. Oh, and listen to Kbag, that Exodus cheese can be a right stinker. I've grown a lot of it in the past. So watch out for your nosey neighbours noses.
    And picking up on the point about predators - if you find any ladybirds in your garden, catch them and put them in the tent. They are voracious predators and will make short work of aphids/greenfly/thrips.

Comment

Alright guys just an update lost one plant not sure why never came up and when I checked the seeds the embryo was brown so I think the jiffy plug might of been too wet. but got three others and just popped some sweet tooth as well to see how they do got them in a 3 ft high box with cfls in there with them for now until I clean out my garage and set up my grow tent and pull out everything else lol time to finally unpack my house after a month of just moving in lol time to crawl up in the attic and start unpacking stuff and find the rest of my grow equipment just missing one L.E.D. Light now.

Comment

Looks like you got your shit together bud and happy growing and have a great grow!!!

Comment

• DarkLotus760
          DarkLotus760 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Katzie finally found everything and just got two little ladies who just broke ground today so it should be a good grow.

Rounding up all your equipment sounds like me every season. Stuff gets put away normally, but I still seem to search for stuff at the beginning of my grows anywayz and I didn't move to a new house like you did either, lol. . Best of Luck with your grow, DarkLotus. Thanks for sharing your first grow with us too.

Comment

Haha thanks Blaze yea finally found both my lights and just finished putting up one 700 watt LED and the grow tent so though I would post a quick pick still haven't set up the carbon filter and fan yet just usning a small heater/fan combo which works to cool or warm my tent if needed. After sealing the tent for about an hour with just one LED the Temp leveled off at 21.1 degrees Celsius or 70 degrees Fahrenheit which once I put the second light will bump it up to slightly say about mid to high 80's so were good there on temp as for humidity in the tent it is staying right at 45- 50%. Also don't mind the big ass bag or rubber bands on the table couldn't find any zip ties for my cords so grabbed my kids crazy loom rubber bands and used those worked perfect for now but will pick up some zip ties later because in this heat and humidity those rubber bands wont last long. But will update again after I got the first true leaves grow out.

Comment

Looking good DL.
            I don't bother putting my carbon filter on until they start to smell. I get better air flow without it and it makes the carbon last longer.

Comment

• DarkLotus760
              DarkLotus760 commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks Saturnalia,
              Yea I do the same thing I don't hook up my carbon filter until the smell gets to where I cant cover it anymore than pop the carbon on and let it do its thing. But I am looking forward to the finished product especially this Mendocino purps heard nothing but good things about this strain.

Just a quick up date the pineapple express was a lost never came out the ground as well as the easy bud seeds. I admit I killed one the easy bud but don't know why the other didn't come up but planted some Sour D regular seeds as far as I know it came from a local dispensary got it out of a batch of Sour D I picked up last week which I popped in the ground after a day or soaking and a day to let the tap root come out. I also got 2 sweet tooth one popped three days ago and looks healthy. But as for the autos idk we will see half germinated the other half were defective expect the one I killed by accident. Might have to give autos another try next run because I have heard good things but my seeds sucked balls except the ones that popped but looks like I have more promise with regular and fem seeds lol.

Comment

Well here's the only sweet tooth that survived growing strong got a Sour D I checked today the seed casing has pushed up the soil so bout another day or two before it shows its head. Also got a royal caramel seed that I am waiting to pop as well. I no everyone is going to say you should of put the auto in its final pot to start but I have learned that if you transplant at 2 weeks or a few days before you can transplant with no stress just got to be real careful. With the cup method it's easy you can cut the cup in half and plant like that which allows you just the cup space to water which also allows you to not over water. You plant at 4 weeks I start watering the big pot instead the little one it's all a process but worth it. Autos are so finicky that everyone has different methods to growing them for me this is an easy way IMO allows for noobs to not over water threw seedlings as well.
              Last edited by DarkLotus760; 03-29-2015, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Hey DL. I use peat cups to start the autos. That way, when they are ready to transplant, I just rip off the bottom and bury the cup in the soil in the new pot, Means I don't touch the roots in any way. I also roll the moistened peat cup in rhizome granules so that they stick to the side. This means the roots run straight into the granules as soon as they break through the cup. Removing the base of the cup means that the tap root can get straight down into the new soil unhindered.
                Good luck with the grow. Looking forward to watching it unfold.

Comment

DarkLotus - Thanks very much for sharing your diary. Can you give us a step by step on how the LEDs are improving or not (!) your grow.

Comment

Working...
                  X