No announcement yet.

tips still curling up and drying out!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips still curling up and drying out!!!

I'm lost did everything that was suggested !! And been reading can't fuc the problem!!

Something I get on my leaves, is a small amount of tip burn from spraying. I mist around my plants a lot for other things I have growing in the veg room (actual veggies) The tips get just a spot of burn on them... So, how is your humidity? Are you spraying them? If there is a big shift in humidity you might see condensation on the leaves that could cause this... Otherwise, see what this chart says: image_3642.jpg

Comment

Looks like potassium! How do I fix
      That

Comment

• pitviper
        pitviper commented
        Editing a comment
        no my friend,
        that's definitely nutrient burn.
        not the worse I've seen.
        they might recover if you take action soon.

depends on what nutrient and method of delivery you are using. Most 'fertilizer' lists the 3 main ingredients as #-#-# for Nitrogen-Phosphate-Potasium I use General Hydroponics but they all use that same 3 number system for the same 3 ingredients. GH FloraBloom is 0-5-4 and would increase the potassium for you. Not sure how far along you are, looks like at least 4 weeks into bloom so I would careful in adding anything at this point... FloraGro is 2-1-6 and might be a better 'balanced' nutrient if you are going to top feed one time... Without knowing what you are using as a regular fertilizer/nutrient, it is hard to say...

Comment

Flush with good old h2o with half the normal amount of nutrients and see what happens.

Comment

this is a section from a very helpful guide posted here

This is the most common and loved nute burn
          Ahh, nute burn! Stop this by not adding too much chemical/organic nutrients to your water,foliar feeding. DON'T feed more than 1 time a week, use 1/4 strength for first feeding and then go up to 1/2 strength from then on when using chemical nutrients. Its very easy to overdo it. Causes leaf tips to appear yellow or burnt. To correct soil should be flushed with three gallons of water per one gallon of soil. NEVER give nutrients to plants that are under 2 weeks of age, at this age the soil nutrients are enough to supplement them until 2 weeks of age or more depending on how good your soil is. Using ferts before 2 weeks will almost likely kill your plants.

Comment

the damage from burn is irreversible
            you'll have to be patient and wait for new growth to appear to see if the treatment took hold.
            the recovery can take awhile,,,sometimes several weeks.

Comment

I am using fox farm and was going buy the chart

Comment

what type of lighting are you using?
                the charts for indoor growing sometimes assume you may be using an HID.
                the rule is weaker lighting like cfl's ,you need to use a weaker mixture.

Comment

Yeah, at this stage of your game, I would just move to water, you are most likely not going to see and new growth at this point... at least not of leaves... Potassium is one of the items your plant needs more of later in life, so it could just be the plant eating up what is in the plant as the soil has run low. Big difference between soil and hydro.... With hydro, you can dump the batch of nutrients, flush with water then start right back with a slightly different mixture. But even on full hydro, I move to plain water for the last 2-3 weeks, first in the reservoir and recycling normally, then just top feeding less and less water until the end, when its down to a pint or so a day and the plant is done. In soil, you have a build up of unused nutrients in there, that the roots have not taken up yet, missing one nutrient so late in the game, week 4 or 5, is really hard to change. Flushing with plain water, then go back to your nutrient feeding on the same schedule for ONE feed, week 7, then finish with some water and any 'finishing' touches you want, like flavor or aromatic additives... That gets way more complicated a topic for this thread though, late additives... What many people fail to understand or take into consideration, when they get started growing, there is a life cycle and the plant is on a timer, it is going to die after it flowers... That's why the 8 week flowering schedule... that varies by the amount of light, type of light, indoors or out, temperature, strain... all that can alter the time in flower, but none of it will stop the life cycle (other than going back to 24/7lighting, but that is silly at such a late stage). I have had plenty of crops burn out yellow at the end and be just fine, in fact some strains, it was the norm for the last week or so, think that was the granddaddy purps? Might have been Diesel kush, I forget... There should be enough 'green' growth to cover what photosynthesis is going on, within the colas and the smaller leaves around them... So we would just pluck the really dried out and yellowed leaves, but on much larger plants than you have here, probably 2 times the size?

Comment

General rule of thumb is to use 1/2 of recommended dose when you start if you are using fox farm - that is probably a good rule for any product until you get used to it - like above give um a flush - good luck - slo

Comment

Working...
                    X