No announcement yet.

LED Grow - Critical, Big Bud X NL and Raymondo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking really good in there. You certainly managed to squeeze more out of the space, which was your initial aim. Hope you manage to get hold of a dehumidifier, would really suck to lose all those beautiful blooms to the dreaded bud rot...

Comment

HERMIES!
      If any of you read my previous diary you will know that Raymondo is from some seeds I found in a bag of weed. I got 12 seeds and they all turned out to be females. This led me to think that Raymondo's mum had probably hermied. I dithered as to whether to keep them or not as I was worried about them being genetically predisposed to hermying. but I kept on with them in the end and they all turned good. Well, I've just been to the grow tent and found that all of the Raymondos had bananas growing from the top. Pretty gutted. But on the bright side, I got lots of free weed from those seeds. These are now third generation Raymondos! Anyway, I've had to pull all of the Raymondos out. Hopefully I've caught them in time and they haven't pollinated anything else. The buds were really really sticky so I've put some to dry and some in alcohol to try and get some hash. I'll see how it turns out.
      The rest of the grow tent is actually now much easier to work in I think I had overpacked the plants anyway. I've pretty much left everything where it was as I didn't want to move anything around and disturb any pollen. I will go and rearrange it all tomorrow after showering and changing my clothes to make sure there's none stuck to me. Will post pics of what's left later, but for now, here's some hermie bananas. It's not very clear in the first pic so I have put a circle around it. Clearer in the second. Kind of looks like a beak growing out of the tip of the bud! Caught them nice and early.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	Hermies01.jpg
Views:	306
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	35010

Name:	Hermies02.jpg
Views:	309
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	35011

Here's a picture of the monster cropped Raymondo clone. Was gutted to throw this away as I was very excited to see how she turned out, she was really taking off too. Ggrrr.....

Name:	Hermies03.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	162.8 KB
ID:	35012

Anyway, onwards and upwards eh. The remaining plants are looking real good and just coming up for 6 weeks out of around 8. Should be ready between Christmas and New years.

Comment

Ah thats shitty them hermying out on ya, mother nature is a bitch at times.

Comment

Thanks Katzie. It is shit. I was tempted to keep hold of them and just have some seedy weed. But the way I look at it is, I got loads of free weed and paid nothing for the seeds. I was worried about the hermying right fro the start as the weed that I got the seeds from shouldn't have had seeds in it. I guessed that the plant had hermied but chanced my arm at growing them all out. I had a good run for my money but I reckon it's time to kill that line and start again with some new genetics. Gonna grow these out and have a good clean out of the tent and equipment (I've got thrips in there, I keep them under control but they bug me) and then start again. Got an interesting wee experiment planned for next time, but going to get these finished first. They seem real happy and no sign of being pollinated by the hermie bananas. Fingers crossed for the next two weeks.

Comment

Week 7. Happy Days. Just waiting for the triches to start turning. I lost some of my expected harvest, but still pretty happy with this lot.
            Got some leaf colouration going on, I think most of it is natural but might be some deficiency going on. Not to worry, they've had their last feed yesterday. Just water for these girls from here on in. Check them out.

Name:	7Weeks01.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	35277Click image for larger version

Name:	7Weeks02.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	107.9 KB
ID:	35278Click image for larger version

Name:	7Weeks03.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	110.5 KB
ID:	35279Click image for larger version

Name:	7Weeks04.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	104.9 KB
ID:	35280
            Attached Files

Comment

And not forgetting......

Comment

I love the colours and i am sure its just mother nature doing her thing, my last plant had some wicked purples in it.

Comment

I am eager for a update sat if when you get time it would be much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Guys
                    All going well in the tent. Am having some camera troubles so no pics today. I will try and get some later.
                    I took one of the Critical plants on Christmas eve because I was going to run out before hogmanay. It's been drying in the airing cupboard and I just sampled some this morning. Excellent smoke. Still a bit harsh from being speed dried but good flavour and a nice hit. it
                    The other criticals will be harvested later this week. The BB X NL crosses have another week or so. Leaves have really yellowed now. I made a comment earlier about the difference in coloration on the leaves not being about the strain. I was wrong. One of the criticals has leaves exactly the same colour as the BB X NLs and none of the others. On closer inspection I noticed I had put a question mark on the label. Obviously a mix up when I cloned them.
                    More photos to follow before I harvest the rest. But on the whole it's a happy Christmas in this house. I wish the same to all of you.

Comment

Hi Guys Here are the pics from last week. Going to take the Criticals tonight (the greener leaves). The BB X NL will come down in just a couple of days. Not going to flush this time. They've had just water for two weeks and the one I took early has turned into an excellent smoke. Harvest pics and final weight to follow.

Name:	20141230_213635_resized.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	35646Click image for larger version

Name:	20141230_213641_resized.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	117.4 KB
ID:	35647Click image for larger version

Name:	20141230_213647_resized.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	118.4 KB
ID:	35648

Comment

And here's some more..........

Name:	20141230_213718_resized.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	128.1 KB
ID:	35650Click image for larger version

Name:	20141230_213707_resized.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	35651Click image for larger version

Name:	20141230_213735_resized.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	35652

Comment

Cracking grow sat some real frosty looking buds and some lovely colouring. And a good smoke that is what we all aim for had to be worth the effort.

Comment

OK. Decided to take them all. They were all looking just about ready. Here's a pic of the last two NL X BB, trimmed of fan leaves and ready to cut.

Name:	20150104_190947_resized.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	646.1 KB
ID:	35742

And here's everything cut and hanging...

Name:	20150104_192848_resized.jpg
Views:	304
Size:	596.4 KB
ID:	35743

Main lesson I've learnt from this grow: Keep up the lollipopping! I started out well but never kept up with it. Some of the parts of the plants that were buried inside the canopy were unproductive and just formed peelywally growth and popcorn nuggets. Would have been better off lollipopping it all down and forcing production up to the tips. Next time.....
                            Got some new seeds germinating so will be back with a final weight and smoke report for these and a new diary. Cheers all.

Comment

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Inline-Duc...item5af6b34ce8
                              I run one of these with a fan controller which i got cheap off eBay doesn't hum, iv got it in a 1x1x2m tent and i never have to run it at more than 60% power... and that was through the summer dunno if it helps but its the biggest cheapest iv found and it works..... very nice looking grow though dude fair play

Comment

Total of 104gm NL X BB and 69gm Critical. That's about 3 3/4oz and 2 1/2oz. Really good smoke too. The NL X BB is much tastier than I thought it would be. Kind of sweet. The Critical has a heavier stone than the NL X BB but both have a pretty good kick.
                                Am really pleased with the results. If I add in the autos that I took whilst these were flowering the tent has been pretty productive. Remembering I lost some from the hermies too.
                                Lots of lessons learnt too.
                                Thanks for reading.

Comment

Working...
                                X