No announcement yet.

900W Led multi strain grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a quick update i lost my Cali connection 22 due to it being a hermie. On some preflowers it had 2 balls and a dick on others white hairs from one calaxe. I not sure if was me taking the top off as i flipped it or just plain bad genetics. So that leaves me with 2 plants lets hope its worth the time and effort in the end.

Comment

Damn Kbag that sucks bro but I will still be watching your grow because I want to see how your plants do under that light so far they look good cant wait to see the finished product and the yield from a L.E.D. Shoot I think I might go and get me the same light and stock up on some Cal/Mag so I am prepared for the deficiency.

Comment

I know you've probably been super busy what with turkey day wknd just having past, but any updates or news?
        How are the girls doing?
        Does the term "hermie" mean male?
        Sorry for the dumb question, totally new and a lot of the lingo is completely over my head.
        Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• kbag
          kbag commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi DrMJ a hermie is a plant that has both male and female parts. Hermaphrodite is the correct name. I update the post or try to every Wednesday what is today.

I have had to introduce my hps into the grow for some good reasons. The most important one is plain economics. With just the led i had to have a 1kw oiled filled rad in the room 24/7 to keep temps up where i wanted them. So i thought to myself i have lost the cali so yields going to be lower, i am also paying for the heater electric whilst lights are on. I introduced the hps so temps are up to where i want them no need for the heater plenty of fresh air being sucked over the plants providing them with plenty of co2 and temps stable at 26-28C. The OG Kush had stretched past the Critical kush by a few inches so the led was getting to far away from the critical.
        It really was a no brainer to introduce the hps over the top the OG Kush and the LED over the Critical.

Ok onto the plants they are both exceeding my expectations atm at three weeks since the flip. I never thought the OG would catch and pass the critical in height just go's to show you never know with growing.
        My feeding is 10ml of rhizo 25ml of canzyme canna coco A + B and plant magic cal/mag and a tiny amount of epsom salts when i think its needed. I mix up 10 litres for the critical and same for the OG slightly different strengths for each plant. I did add some pk13/14 to one feed but dropped that idea.
        my ph for all feeds has been 5.8 over the last week and a EC of 1.0.

I apologise to all that was hoping to see the led grow to the end but i hope you understand my reasoning.
        Critical Kush

OG Kush

Critical Flower

OG Flower

Attached Files
        Last edited by kbag; 12-03-2014, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Hey Kbag,
          I guess that is the cost for using a L.E.D. What I mean by that is that you would pay a set price which I am sure you know how much it cost to run your HPS lighting and equipment an with a L.E.D. you have to substitute natural heat from a HPS light with a heater to keep your temps to optimal levels with the L.E.D. I just wonder what the cost difference is having to run a heater with your set up instead of just a straight HPS. I guess this is one sacrifice you have to make using L.E.D.S which in my case is good to know because even thought I live in So Cal it is cold here in the mountains so in my case I think it would be better just to run a HPS instead of a L.E.D. I guess L.E.D. lights would be a summer time runner instead of a HPS set up. But kbag really appreciate the information because you really don't see too many post about having to use a heater with L.E.D lighting.

Comment

I think these LED lights would still need some sort of external cooling during the summer. They use heatsinks and fans to cool the internals just like a computer, so they will only cool to your ambient temperature. The whole heat thing that they run cool on there own is a myth imo, yes they will run cooler but you will still need to drop your temps in the room, For example if your temps are 30C Ambient i bet these lights would run at around 35C slowly heating up your groom to this temp if not hotter. I have found if my ambient temperature is around 22-24C these lights that i use will happily run at around 26-28C.
            The only real way to solve temperature is a A/C unit no matter if your using a HPS or LED. That being said i do believe so far the plants looked healthier and more happier under the LED.
            I am still thinking of buying another 900w to run along side this one, 2 of these leds would give a draw 800-840 watts draw from the wall and in theory 1800 watts in the groom. The coverage with 2 would perfect for my size groom.
            Last edited by kbag; 12-04-2014, 03:13 AM.

Comment

End of week 4 from the flip to 12/12. Through week 5 i will be adding pk13/14 to the critical at full strength for 7-10 days. She looks ready for the pk to me the og is behind and will be a little longer before adding the pk at full strength.
              The critical is lovely plant to grow seems to be happy and content with a EC of 1-1.2 she drinks about 6 litres a day. This week tho i will be a feeding a ec of 1.5 pushing the boat out abit but will see how it goes.
              The OG Kush a finicky bugger seems like she wants more nutes then spits her dummy out when you give her more. Holding the EC @1.2 for now but boy is she drinking, 10 litres in her today about 3/4 of a litre out.
              Led height 22 inches off the top of the critical and the hps no idea have not measure it but as a guess about 15 inches off the OG kush.
              Temps lights on between 26-28C RH is 35-45%. Lights off 18-20C RH 40-50%.
              Critical Kush
              Click image for larger version

Name:	week 4 002.JPG
Views:	311
Size:	159.8 KB
ID:	35093

Name:	week 4 005.JPG
Views:	320
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	35094
              Lights off a few days ago

Name:	lights off 001.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	188.1 KB
ID:	35096

Name:	lights off 002.JPG
Views:	309
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	35097

Attached Files

Comment

Looking mighty fine there kbag, i can't wait to get something like that going. But just have to stick with what i got for now till i find work again and bring in some $ to get what i want.

Comment

Thanks Katzie. At the moment all i seem to be doing is tucking leaves down but they keep jumping back up like a jack in the box.

Comment

Love looking at your plants, kbag. Glad everything is working out. Awesome plants, nice work.

Comment

Thanks Blaze, i love the look of the critical kush she just might finish to the breeders flowering time 8 weeks in total.

Comment

End of week 5 beginning of week 6 not much really happening the growth seems to have slowed so i raised the light a couple of inches led and the hps.
                        I do not think these will produce that much in yield or it does not look like it atm. They may fatten up in last few weeks will have to wait and see.

Still feeding the pk13/14 to the critical will end at the w/end then swap it to the OG basically just swap feeds around.

Name:	w 5 001.JPG
Size:	151.8 KB
ID:	35249

Name:	w 5 011.JPG
Views:	312
Size:	131.6 KB
ID:	35250

Name:	w 5 009.JPG
Views:	316
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	35251

Comment

End of week 6 the beginning of week 7: Starting to get a few brown pistols on lower buds on both plants. The critical i have been itching to defoliate but will leave it for my next grow when i have more than one plant. I have swapped the pk13/14 to the og now and the critical is back to just base nutes and abit of hesi bloom. Was not going to use any booster but thought i would try the hesi abit late in the grow i know.
                          The O'G has some heat stress showing i hope i have sorted that now 30C was to much for it. It also does not like the fan blowing directly on it either prefers a gentle breeze.

The Critical kush the side i can not physically get to. Not a mark on the leaves.

Name:	week6 001.JPG
Size:	183.0 KB
ID:	35427
                          Now where i go in to water etc and the fan blows from. Looks like a nute deficiency its not though.

Name:	week6 006.JPG
Views:	306
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	35428
                          Critical:

Name:	week6 009.JPG
Views:	315
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	35429
                          Og kush: Heat Stressed

Name:	week6 007.JPG
Views:	310
Size:	162.4 KB
ID:	35430

Comment

End of week 7 and a few days into week 8 .

Neglected my plants a little over xmas high salinity and lowering humidity as most likely diminished the final yield on these. Actually left them for about 4 days with not checking them, might have looked in them when i was full xmas beer can not remember.
                            Been trying to correct everything i think i had a little salt build up that caused a P deficiency and lowering humidity making things worse. So i leached them through with a very mild base nutes only and swithched off the hps for 2 days. Within 24 hours i could see new growth still not 100% right but better than it was.
                            To the plants the critical kush is nice and frosty but trichomes are mainly clear. The OG kush has fox tailed, going to be a nightmare to trim but the trich's are more milky so she looks like end of the week and start the flush.

Name:	Image00006.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	1.90 MB
ID:	35635

Name:	Image00008.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	35636The OG Kush and a good example of fox tailing;

Name:	Image00004.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	1.95 MB
ID:	35637

Name:	Image00001.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	1.91 MB
ID:	35638
                            Last edited by kbag; 01-03-2015, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Conclusion to diary:
                              Well i had to chop these early as i noticed some webbing whilst doing some macro shots and also see a spider mite having a chew on one of the leaf tips. The infestation was not bad but if i had let run a few weeks more it could well of got to the stage where the bud was only good for hash. Being just a couple weeks off harvest there was no way i was going to treat the plants with any foliar sprays. I took them down on day 56 from the flip what was the 7th. The bud has been drying for 6-7 days in my tent at 22-23C and a rh of 50-55%.
                              Was hoping for 20oz off the 2 plants, were they allowed to go that extra couple weeks i would have been close.
                              The critical kush came in at 8.2oz / 233g The og kush weighed in at 191g / 6.7oz. The bud is all in jars now and my groom has been cleaned and taken down as i am scaling down to a closet. For the next couple of days i will be building my new room it is small and 2 plants will be just right in there for my needs.
                              Some pics of the final yield.

Name:	weight 004.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	1.62 MB
ID:	35953

Name:	weight 007.JPG
Views:	125
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	35954

Comment