Help plants dying

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help plants dying

Hello I planted three strains and only one looks healthy - I have a gnat issue I'm currently working to fix with sticky paper but two strains look really sick. 1st strain is ak49 looks healthy 2nd strain 60 day wonder looks sick 3rd the doctor also sick looking All strains are auto flowering under cfl lighting temp 78 degrees using miracle grow organic soil all plants sprouted 8/13/14 only -ak49 looks healthy the other two are sick I have lights on 24/7. Can any one give me suggestions on saving these girls? Thx Newbie Grower

NewbieGrower!

At first glance and seeing their color, their soil seems like it might be a~little too wet and still not ready for nutrients. Sprouts will go for 2 weeks without feeding (lite) amounts of veg nutrients.

If kept indoors you might just need to let the soil dry~out some and only water them every third day, or when sticking your finger into the soil an inch and it feels dry to the touch, or if their containers are lite in weight. Try to remember how much, (by feel) their containers weight, right after you feed/water them, then you'll know when they have dried out enough, helps too. If outdoors then check them (daily) with your finger in the soil to make sure your not overwatering, or allowing them to go to long between feeding/watering.

It is also important to make sure your containers have very good drainage and you might want to add a few additional holes in the containers bottoms for at least a 20% drain~off amount, from the watering/feeding, you just gave them.

After 2 weeks you can start feeding (very lite amounts of nutrients), less then half the recommended amount shown on nutrient bottle and slowly raise the amount of nutrients while keeping a close eye on them after the feeding, you just gave them. Within just a few hours you'll see if you have over fed them, so (easy does it) to start them out on the nutrients, flush them with water only, (like a gallon) right away if they show signs of overfeeding, like burnt tips on their leafs.

After they have started growing healthy again and are going on their third week, feed them lite, then water only after the soil has dryed, then feed again, (rotate) nutrients, then water only, then nutrients and so on.

This is their critical stage of early growth, you have to get it right. Once this happens, they will grow like crazy. Your soil looks good, just too wet at photo time.

Best of Luck and let us know if you need additional help. Posting photos like you did, really helps too.
    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 08-29-2014, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• NewbieGrower
      NewbieGrower commented
      Editing a comment
      thank you and I will begin doing all that you suggested and keep you posted -

the ak49 looks great just the other two that look in trouble -

hopefully I can save them

thx again for responding and giving me details to save the girls

newbie grower
Working...
X