Dinafem Fruit Automatic

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 8 from potted.

56 days from potted and starting to get some nice buds on my 3 smaller plants. The 2 that stretched looks like they are going to take longer to finish. One of the smaller is about 2 weeks younger. I have read about this strain and it not a big producer but meant to be a real nice smoke lets hope so.
    At the moment i have switched the 2 stretched plants on a different feeding regime they are being fed back up at 1200ppm and a ph of 5.6-5.8 my run off is a ppm of 1130 and a ph of 5.8.
    The 3 smaller plants with bigger buds i am feeding at about 1000ppm and getting a run of 1180ppm and a ph of 6.0 so the nutes need to be dropped so i end up with a run of less nutes than i am putting in, Will try about 700ppm in and hopefully the run off will drop to what i am putting in or less.
    Just a note anyone new reading this the feeding regime is for coco coir only and should not be done in soil.
    Will be keeping a close eye on the trichomes from now on until harvest. The plant in the miracle grow been fed the same as my coco plants is the best one so far lol.

Ground Cinnamon to help combat the fungus nat with the yellow sticky strips really work well used together.

Attached Files

Comment

Time to start the flush on the shortest plants mainly cloudy trichomes so will start flushing them now. The 2 that stretched still have clear trichomes so will keep feeding them for now. the smell of these fruit Auto's is very strong if i had grown these outdoors you would smell them a mile off. I use Canna flush to help take out the nutes and i believe it works and improves the smoke at the end.
      These plants show no signs of yellowing as i was hoping they would do by now. I thought i would be harvesting by next week but im not so sure now, oh well when there done there done. Oh i have also introduced my dehumidifier to the room so when the lights go out i keep the humidity down around 40-50% would really like it at about 30% to keep the dreaded bud rot at bay and help improve the potency.

Attached Files

Comment

Wow! kbag. Real nice, lookie at the size of those super cola's. Awesomeness. I have decided to final flush from now on at three weeks out, to get the best taste possible from the budz. Let the plants leash off them~selfs for that fine smooth taste.

Way nice job.

Comment

Cheers Blaze4daze i really like growing these Auto,s are lot less hassle than photo's. Would just like to point out not all auto's produce amber trichs to tell when they are ready for harvest you wait for the fan leaves to yellow from what i have read. This mainly happens about 2 weeks after the seedbanks harvest time.
          so by the seedbank these are 65 days from germination to harvest. Mine are still green and lush and hopefully i will get a full 2 weeks of flush and the plant leach its self and yellow up.
          The breeders have really improved on Auto strains using better genetics producing bigger yields and more potent and better tasting smoke.
          As for growing in coco coir you will need a lot of nutes but results are amazing and what i like about it most it gives you more control than soil. I guess you get roughly as good if not better results than hydroponics.

Comment

Kbag!

Here's a shot of some Tangerine Dreams and a Lemon Skunk I grew a few years ago and left them growing almost 3 weeks after final Flush. Lots of deadwood "Leached leafs" on them from not feeding nutrients after flush.

Man did them taste excellent not having any nutrient taste at all, nice smooth flavor.

Attached Files

Comment

Blaze you make me jealous with them pics lol. I started my flush to late for one of the plants by looks of it. So i am flushing them all now. The pics i am posting is the plant that was at the back of tent and i was not paying enough attention to it,
              Anyways it has a few amber trichomes and is yellowing up nicely, unfortunately it looks like i will only get a week of flushing into it hence me starting to flush them all. Need at least 2 weeks of flushing so touchwood i will get that time with the others.

I will most likely chop this plant in in 2 more days

hopefully these pictures will show others by what i mean about the fan leaves yellowing on auto's as they finish.

Attached Files
              Last edited by kbag; 08-25-2014, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Ok will conclude the dairy now it did turn out to be a very nice grow, for plants that do not produce big yields i am very pleased with the results.
                After 2 weeks of flushing heres some pics.

Attached Files

Comment

I just had to add this to conclude the diary.
                  After a few days after the chop i was sitting in the front room near to the window and i heard the postman say to a woman "its a bit green round here you can smell it a mile off"
                  Alarm bells went off in my head is it me after that i had 2 visitors to the house and they both said "who is growing weed around here could smell it as soon as we got out the car*.
                  So i basically got rid of them in a hurry and promptly rushed off and brought a rhino pro carbon scrubber and some stench ona i guess it is.
                  Although i had only done one grow with my old carbon filter and had changed the dust cover it was either not up to my new 6" fan or it was cheap rubbish. I suspect a bit of both.
                  So if you grow this strain make sure your odour control is up to the mark. This bud is so smelly i can not even put some in my bacca tin and go out with it ppl smell it.
                  As for the smoke well i have to be careful not to load my blunt out to much or i look into space dreaming about nothing then hit the couch and wake up a few hours later lol.
                  I am so pleased i grew this strain and will prob grow it again next summer with stands extreme heat 40c at one time in my tent and as for nutes you could throw the kitchen sink at it.
                  Anyways no work today just about to smoke a fat one. see you in few hours lol.

Comment

Yicks! that had to be scary. Your grow turned out awesome kbag. That's a monster cola and leaving you lay'in all over the floor afterwards is way cool. Doesn't get much better then that.

Luckly for me, My property sits back up against a national forest and no mail delivery here, only post office boxes for mail delivery, so no worries there for me, thank god. Growing around back has been safe, so far.

My wife has been allowing me to smoke in my study lately, or the smell would be smelt by my closest neighbors, an old couple an not sure if they would know what it was anyways, ha ha. Never know though.

At least now you know your mailman has a big mouth.

Nice job on your grow. Going on 2 months of not growing here, really miss it too. Got my meds to last threw till planting again, come March next year.
                    Last edited by Blaze4daze; 09-12-2014, 01:47 PM.

Comment

Cheers balze the grow did surpass my expectations in weight and quality of the smoke. I guess about 12-14oz of dried bud in my jars. You can see the trichomes all over it even after drying and boy do you get sticky fingers. I am going to do one more grow that i hope to finish for xmas then i will not grow again until the summer.
                      My intial plan was to grow these outside im so pleased i decided to bring them indoors the odour definitely would have attracted unwanted attention.

Comment

Working...
                      X