Kali Mist & Hawaiian Maui Waui LED Soil Grow

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Week 4.5

Some outdoor photo's today. Nice sunny days here for the last few days. Feeding 1 and a half tsps. Fox Farms Grow Big, to One gallon bubbled water. PPM 500.

Planning on topping and defoliating them today. Removing some of the shaders, to let light reach lower growth.

Attached Files

Comment

Week 4.5

Weekly group Photo. Still cropping photo's to fit attachment format.

Attached Files

Comment

Hi Blazd!

If these are the plants under the LEDs, remove the lower growth to allow the nutrients up top. It seems contrary, but we lollipop aggressively and always yield more. Also, the buds get rock hard and super sticky. Keep topping! 4-7 times before flipping. Here's a pic of what we try to do every time.

Great Job!!!

Jonnywatt

Comment

Blazd4daz they look superb. Do you really need to remove the shaders? and how beneficial is this to the plant? Sorry about the questions i have so many i could write a book with questions.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnywatt View Post
            Hi Blazd!

If these are the plants under the LEDs, remove the lower growth to allow the nutrients up top. It seems contrary, but we lollipop aggressively and always yield more. Also, the buds get rock hard and super sticky. Keep topping! 4-7 times before flipping. Here's a pic of what we try to do every time.

Great Job!!!

Jonnywatt
            High jonny

Thanks! Yes they're the same plants. Just outdoors for some sun. Topped them yesterday and trimmed away a lot of shaders, to let light in to the undeveloped growth. Buy doing so, newer undeveloped growth is receiving lots of light now and is growing rapidly.

All 4 plants took topping and defoliating well and are doing fine today. I did trim off some of the lower growth, lolli~popping as you would say.

Comment

Originally posted by kbag View Post
              Blazd4daz they look superb. Do you really need to remove the shaders? and how beneficial is this to the plant? Sorry about the questions i have so many i could write a book with questions.

High kbag

Thanks! Removing shaders and water leafs is very controversial in the growing world. Some growers swear by it and others don't. I trim them to let in light to inner, underdeveloped growth and they recover nicely. Their like solar panels providing food to the plant, this is true and during bloom I leave them there to feed the budsites.

But early in veg they get trimmed away. They grow so fast that removing a few shaders here and there, really doesn't affect the plants health, it actually causes more growth to occur and the plant to fill out more, growing outward instead of upward.

It really depends on what your trying to accomplish with your plants growth when their young. I trim occasionally now, before I used to trim weekly and that really made them fill out more.

When their young like mine are, I try to get them to grow more bushy but topping 3~4 times in mid veg thru till I change to bloom. Defoliating as I see fit as they grow bigger. I'll end~up staking the branches that have grown outward, to keep them held up with the weight of the buds, once they reach bloom.
              Last edited by Blaze4daze; 04-17-2014, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Thank you blazd4daz for your excellence answer to my questions.

Comment

Week 6

Photo's taken this morning. Topped and defoliated real good, about 5 days ago. Removed quite a few shaders to open~up for more light.

Transplanted into final 5 gallon containers. Still feeding Fox Farms Grow Big. Moved plants out to main grow room. Nice sunny days here for the past week. Plants are getting 4 hours of direct sunlight a day, normally.

Attached Files

Comment

More Week 6 photo's

Weekly Group Photo

Attached Files

Comment

Week 7

Photo's taken this morning. Had to insert stakes to support the main stems, because of windy conditions here, for the past few days. Too good of sun here, not to let them outdoors.

Not taking any chances they'll get snapped from wind gusts. Real happy with their growth. New tops have formed and all is good, here in the garden.

Attached Files

Comment

Weekly Group Photo, Week 7

Attached Files

Comment

Week 8

Kali Mist day 56 and Hawaiian Maui Waui, day 61. Still feeding Fox Farms Grow Big and It's working. Sunny out today, but sun has been iffy for the past few days. Out from under LED's to feed, drain and get that important 4~5 hours of direct sunlight.

Photo's taken a few hours ago, at the end of their 18 hour light on period.

Attached Files

Comment

Week 8 Group photo's

All 4 plants growing good, some good medicine on the way. 2~3 more weeks of veg, then to Bloom they will go.

Attached Files

Comment

Week 8

Almost forgot, all topped again yesterday and the 4 points of the second row also.
                              Last edited by Blaze4daze; 05-08-2014, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Week 9 already.

Beautiful day today for photo's. High winds have kept these girls inside, under the LED's for the past 3 days. I do believe these outdoor photo's give the best lighting option. Maybe will try some indoor photo's next week.

Getting big and probably need to get them started to bloom, been waiting for their new tops to completely form from their last topping, last week. Kinda worried about their last spurt of growth when they get to bloom, also because of my overhead clearance allotment for them in their grow area, still have a few feet left for them till harvest.

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X