Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

seedling accident during manipulation. need advise.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seedling accident during manipulation. need advise.

After leaving my seed for 24 hours in water and 2 days in moist cotton to allow germination, I accidentaly smashed the radicula with a pair of tweezers when i was planting it in the pot. does anybody knows if that seed is still viable under proper normal conditions or is good for nothing?
    i would also like to know what it the apropiate time a seed must be kept germinating on moist papel towels before planting it on a pot. what are your thoughts?
    greetings, bongo loco.

Hi there Bongo Loco
    I've just seen this answered on another thread.
    There's only one way to find out if it's still viable..... I'd definitely try it before throwing it out.

Comment

Like Mister B said, "There's only one way to find out if it's still viable..... I'd definitely try it before throwing it out."

As for the amount of time to leave seeds in a paper towel before planting them in soil/etc.? I have left them in paper towels, etc. for up to probably a week, but I generally try to get them into soil/hydro as soon as the "root" emerges from the seed. When the root comes out of the seed, it is genetically programmed to begin seeking nutrients, and as soon as the cotyledons (first/seed leaves) emerge, they are programmed to seek sunlight. There are all kinds of things that will begin going wrong if the roots can't find nutrients or the leaves can't find sunlight. Never leave them so long that leaves emerge before placing in soil/hydro.

Good luck... I hope it is okay!

Comment

Silly people! Just plant the seeds in a small hydroponic medium from the start! Then move that to the next pot! That is how you avoid most of these little "accidents"

Comment

Originally posted by Mister B View Post
          Hi there Bongo Loco
          I've just seen this answered on another thread.
          There's only one way to find out if it's still viable..... I'd definitely try it before throwing it out.
          ...It does work same thing happened to myself

Comment

You can plant the seed when the radicula is at about 2-3 cm. Y

Comment

Working...
            X