Sick baby

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick baby

Hi Everyone, This is a 5wk old ak auto. Can anyone please tell me why some of the leaves are turning up and some are turning down? Is it heat or a lack of something? They have shrivelled. The temp is usually around 70 to 75 but I did come home from work one day and find it at 82. My light is 250w dual spectrum and someone told me to keep it about 3 to 5ins away from the plant, but is that to close? Please help.
    Attached Files

I have a much smaller plant that some said it was Sun Shock because I didn't harden them enough before putting them in direct sun. Others thought that more than that was going on. Some said the soil might have been to hot. The discoloration on my plants was similer to yours. I really didn't do anything and the new growth is just fine. Even though my plants are much smaller they were not effected nearly as bad as yours. Hopefully a veteran grower will have better advice. Good luck I hope she pules through. g101

Comment

Thank you g101, I hope they do too. I've ph'd about 5 gallons of water tonite, tomorrow I'm going to flush it and let it sit for a bit then start all over with the nuts. Don't know if this is the right thing to do but I don't know what else to do. I sure hope someone can tell me where I went wrong. Mine haven't been in the sun at all. I have it in a wardrobe and will be moving it into a real grow room, small one (80cm x 80cm x 160cm) but big enuff for me. My light is a 250w CFL dual spectrum. I use Plant Magic soil,,it seems to be a good soil,,worked well with the other grows I did. This is my first auto and I'm scared to death that I'm doing it all wrong. I use Plant Magic soil bloom and Plant Magic calmag, only have the dose it calls for tho. I think the problem might be that I had the light to close even tho it didn't feel hot to my hand. I wonder if I should remove the bad leaves but I've read that u shouldn't with autos. I sure hope someone out there can help me.

Comment

that should be half the dose, not have,,sorry

Comment

Well the flushing didn't help. Even more leaves are shrivelling, I had hope for some help but maybe noone knows what my problem is either.

Comment

It takes a little while to see the effects of flushing and when in doubt flush it out!. You might raise you light a little and see if it affects a change. They look like heat stress to me but could also be nitrogen problems. It's ok to flush again and then proceed w/light dose of flower nutes. Keep in mind that during flowering the plant does need a little nitrogen. - slo

Comment

Thank u slo

Comment

Hey Sweetpea. NOt looking too good eh
                Have you backed the lights off a bit? 3 inches seems pretty close for a 250W.
                Have never seen anything quite like this but intuitively they look burnt. If you have had success with the same soil mix before there is no reason to suspect it is connected to that.
                Is there good access to fresh air in the closet?
                Is your thermometer a min/max one? i.e., are you sure that the temp doesn't get really hot when you're not there?

Comment

Definitely fried brother. there can be a dramatic temp drop in every inch that the plant is fro the light. Get a high/low temp and humd gauge for like ten bucks. try to place the therm.as close to the top of the plant for 24 hrs then examine your finding. plus ventilation fesh air must move across he bulbs with a warm air exhaust near the top of the canopy (Heat rises)

Comment

Working...
                  X