sick plant

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sick plant

so i'm having an issue with my plants but I'm not sure what the problem is. i tried checking out countless sources but have had no success in diagnosing the problem. my plants are a couple of weeks old, the seeds kind of came to me a little willy nilly so don't have much info for that.i have four lights in my growing area they are low wattage with the right light spectrum needed. the temperature is at 20 degrees celcius most of the time but it can go up to 28 degrees celcius when the heat comes on. i have a blower blowing hot air in. i feed my plants muskie 5-1-1 fish emulsion fertilizer as recommended on the bottle. the soil is potting soil. the leaves on my plants are turning light green on the edges then they turn yellow. IMG_2962-2.JPG

I'd get them in a pot where it will stay till harvest, and from the looks of it is nute burn, do not use the suggested use on the directions and always use half the strength or less in what it tells you in the directions

Comment

Welcome to the forum, bobdole!

My guess would be your plants are Nitrogen rich. Too much Nitrogen and not enough Phosphors and Potassium. Leaf tips will start to curl if you don't start adjusting the ratio of your nutrients,( N~P~K ). Much better growth if your around 6~4~4 and eighth to quarter amount, if your feeding only a couple weeks old plants.

Fish emulsion fertilizer 5~1~1, is only a supplemental nutrient additive, high in Nitrogen. Your plants need all the basic nutrients, first.

Nitrogen=N
      Phosphors=P
      Potassium=K

Temps should be between 24~29 Celsius, at all times. Best of Luck to ya.

Comment

HI Bob. I would ease up on the nutes a bit. Just give them water for a week or so. And yes, pot them up, they will want bigger pots.

Comment

so what do you do when a plant locks up and wont do anything ??? - slo

http://www.test-king.com/
          http://calarts.edu/
          http://www.kumc.edu/
          Last edited by rose61; 04-07-2015, 06:39 AM.

Comment

HI Rose,
            Depending on the grow room set up if you are growing hydro or DWC you will flush your res and than refill with regular water for a few days I say this because obviously if you have nute lock out that means that you have an over-abundance of said nutrients and running regular unnuted water through your res for a day or two allows for your plants to use up some the excessive nutes that are already present in the system. Depending on the severity of the nut lock out once the excess nutes have cleared you can than re-introduce nutes back into your res but at a lower concentration slowly building back up to the concentration before the burn occurred. If you are growing in soil you will need to flush your plant with 2-3 times as much water as there is soil in the pot. this will wash the nutes out. Hope this helps Rose.

Comment

Working...
            X