Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help

I woke up to find my autos with this, 1 ugly leaf on each of them. Can anyone tell me what it is?

Hi Sweetpea,
    I would say after taking a look at the pictures that it is a Cal/mag deficiency. On another note I have done a lot of research on nutrient deficiency's for plants and though I would post so information as well about Cal/mag.

Calcium (Cal) and magnesium (Mag) are two different elements required for plant nutrition. One, Cal, is immobile which means it cannot be trans located (moved) through plant tissues. The other, Mag, is highly mobile in plant tissues. Understanding this is important on a few levels, including making a proper diagnosis because Cal is immobile a Cal deficiency will only occur on the upper, or newer growth. Because Mag is so mobile deficiencies it tends to occur on the older, or lower growth.
    Their appearances and effects are also very different, and while both elements play together and are required by the plant, they cannot be lumped together as a single deficiency. You can experience both a Cal and a Mag, but they are not one and the same thing, not at all.
    I posted a photo of a Cal/mag chart I got from a friend and while it is very good it does have a mistake on it because calcium is immobile. BOTH Cal and Mag can be delivered into plant tissues via foliar spray applications to help correct, however, while the Mag signs prior to actual necrosis can be alleviated and even reversed, the same cannot be said of Cal.

Over all IMO I would say since it is affecting the older growth or lower growth that you should go buy some Cal-mag from your local garden store or hydro shop to replace the missing nutrients.

Comment

Hey Dark,,thank u for the advice. I added some cal/mag to the watering today, along with some Plant Magic soil bloom. Do u think that will help? Should I pick the bad leaf off? Thanks for the chart, it's a big help.

Comment

Hi sweetpea the first pic looks like phosphorus deficiency it will start at the lower leaves and if left unchecked will creep up the plant. Adding the bloom nutes should fix it and adding cal/mag is a good idea at this stage. The leaf can be removed. Do you know the EC of your feed?

Comment

• Sweetpea_120
          Sweetpea_120 commented
          Editing a comment
          Sorry kbag, I don't know what EC means

Ok np just remember not to go to heavy with the nutes. I looked in your diary but you do not say in there what you are growing in it looks like soil to me. The more info you add to the diary the better we can help you if you run into a problem. i see you said these take about 8-9 weeks i would say your looking at more like 10-12 weeks, mine always go a couple weeks or more past the breeders times.

Comment

• Sweetpea_120
          Sweetpea_120 commented
          Editing a comment
          I think that is a different Sweetpea ; )

Hey Sweetpea,
        Its not a problem I don't mind helping out I was a first time grower too who was new to nutrient deficiency's and all that comes with it so its not a problem. Also as for your question about Plant Magic Soil Bloom I personally have never used it before so I couldn't tell you but hopefully someone will come along to give some input on the Plant Magic. I would say as for pulling the effected leaves IMO I would say no because your plants have mobilized nutrients in there and your plants will use them up sooner or later. Also leaves which have been damaged by a Cal/Mag deficiency will probably not recover or turn green so you want to pay attention to new growth for signs of recovery.

Comment

I must be doing something really wrong, Maybe I should just stick with regular plants.

Comment

I added somemore pics but I don't know where they went. I can see them if i click my name but they didn't go on this post. I'm getting really worried now.

Comment

The picture below is the progression of calcium deficiency with the end leave showing a touch of phosphorous as well.
              The second picture is phosphorous deficiency as you can see very similar. Remember what you do now takes time to show on your plants the damaged leaves are unlikely to recover,
              If the leave is over 50% damaged i would remove it as it has no benefit to the plant. Feed the plant with cal/mag and use a nute such as the bloom nute that iss high in phosphorus a couple of weeks you should be on track going great guns. The deficiencies you are showing most likely started 1-2 weeks ago. Another thing would to keep your ph going in to around 6.5 for soil and just stick to normal watering regime do not want to overwater them.

Attached Files
              Last edited by kbag; 11-27-2014, 06:43 AM.

Comment

• Sweetpea_120
                Sweetpea_120 commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank u kbag, My ph is 6.8 should I get some ph down?

6.8 is fine in soil as you get further on you will prop finds this drops as you add more nutes. If you find when adding nutes it goes to low just add more water this will bring back up or use silica i prefer to just add water but then i grow in coco so maybe not the best advice for soil.
              Last edited by kbag; 11-27-2014, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X